All reviewsrooftop barfood truckhip hotelbody washgreat lobbybunk bedsgame arearooftop yogadog friendly hotellounging areagreat live musicmalin goetzstandard kingstone ponylive band in the lobbyshampoo and conditioneroff season
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Spent time with my family for easter. This hotel is amazing....the customer service is among the best in any hotel i have stayed. Bartender Jamie N makes the best drinks. I will come back again!!! Best hotel in Asbury Park

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
James F, Manager at The Asbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Mckennasit1230,

We are very grateful for the 5 stars! We truly appreciate your feedback, and the opportunity to be part of your Easter Holiday. We will be sure to recognize Jamie for his efforts and pass on your kind words to him. We are ecstatic that your visit was amazing, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I think that this hotel does a great job with what it sets out to achieve. it is cool and fun. Loved hanging in the lobby playing games in the sofa area. Love the way it is decorated. Our room was austere in a cool way. Bed was not super comfortable which drives down my rating. Also while it is fun to see the dogs about the place, it wasn't fun to hear them barking in the hallway at bedtime.

The gentleman who checked us in at the desk was so warm and welcoming that it made me feel super. Like he was so happy I was there. How nice! Amazon Alexa in the room was a nice touch.

We were there in March so did not get to take advantage of the roof or pool. Bring your own moisturizer/lotion. I just saw that in another review and distinctly remember a woman asking about it at the front desk when I was there.

I would definitely recommend it to others who were visiting Asbury Park. We had a nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
James F, Manager at The Asbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello Howard,

We appreciate the 4 stars! We are so glad you had a fun night with us. It sounds like you enjoyed your time in our communal lobby with board games and live music. We are glad to hear you were able to get the full experience with our new Alexa amenities in the rooms. We apologize the dogs interfered with a good nights rest but hopefully we were able to quiet them down for you. We look forward to seeing you here again once its warmer so you can enjoy the pool and rooftop bar. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is billed as a hip place to stay. It’s expensive. However, the rooms are tiny and decorated cheaply and look like dorm rooms. Worse, it’s impossible to sleep due to the music in the lobby which one can hear clearly on the fourth floor, paper thin walls, white shades that do nothing to block out light, and people being very noisy in the halls at all hours of the night.

To add insult to injury, after your horrible night of no sleep, there is no coffee machine available in your room. You have to buy a $4 cup of coffee in their lobby coffee shop.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HappyHiker001
James F, Manager at The Asbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hello HappyHiker001,

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback as we use it as a tool to improve. We apologize you were unable to get some rest due to music noise and loud guests in the hall. Next time you are in town email me at james@theasburyhotel.com so that I can personally select a room that both supplies a nespresso machine in the room as well as a provides a quiet location that will better fit your needs. We assure you that your next visit will be better and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your trust in us. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I paid $300 for a room this past Friday night -- a little pricey but I wanted to be sure I stayed somewhere nice, I hadn't been to Asbury Park since I was in my 20's.

We found the hotel with no issue. We parked out front and then tried to figure out which front door led to the lobby. There were no signs or people outside making it clear.
When we got through the right door, it seemed like we were in the wrong place -- looked like a starbucks counter and gift shop. There was no 'Welcome To the Asbury' Sign, 'Check in Here'. None of that.

We had to repark the car in the unmarked lot behind the hotel. We apparently guessed right (though in fairness we were given detailed verbal instructions ... because there were no signs).

There was a path toward the back of the building to an unmarked door.

We told the staff that there is no sign and they told us that the company believes in HUMAN SIGNAGE. I thought he was joking with the old folk (I'm 53).

The room was very small but new and clean and very much in the style of these new hip hotels - minimalist furniture, bathrooms with no privacy...that seems to be the wave so i will not fault this place for that.

But i will fault them for no clock in the room (there was an Alexa recording our every move...), no 'Do Not Disturb' sign.. instead there was a magnet emoji with z's....i thought it was a decoration until we were checking out and realized what it was. An Emoji magnet with no words...just Z's.

The final kicker was the $200 they held on my credit card for incidentals...for what?
there was no minibar and when we tried to charge our coffee in the morning from the coffee/giftshop/ front desk... they told us the system has been down for days and we had to pay with cash! so why'd you take $200...were you afraid i might steal the clip on light in the room??

Apparently these Salt hotels believe in human signage. But the humans are all in hoodies and cargo pants and talking to their friends. If you want to pull something like this off, then the human signs should be clearly marked and standing ready to answer my questions. I shouldnt have to guess who is an employee and who is a guest.

The staff were wonderful so in now way is this a reflection on those poor human signs.

Bottom line...I did not feel comfortable here and will not only not stay at this hotel again, nor will I recommend it, I will also ensure I AVOID SALT hotels in the future.

I do plan on returning to Asbury Park later in the year and will try another.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KML1101
James F, Manager at The Asbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hello KML1101,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We truly appreciate your feedback as we use it as a tool to improve the way we do things. We are ecstatic to hear our staff was wonderful and that the room was clean and that you liked our style as well. In regards to the incidentals we apologize that room charging was unavailable at the time of your booking, but we are glad you still enjoyed a delicious bite to eat. As you mentioned we have a minimal design, and that includes signage. We apologize if that was an inconvenience but it is by design. Our goal is to engage with our guests and be available to guide them and assist them throughout there visit, and by your comments on the staff it sounds like they were wonderful which is great to hear. We are sorry that you did not feel at home but I can assure you if you give us another opportunity we are confident you will change your mind. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I live in the area, so I’ve never stayed overnight in a room, but the bars and common areas are great! Soundbooth is a hoot during the week with their different events and open mic nights. The bartender, Jamie, is the guy to see. He makes a great drink and is super knowledgeable about the hotel and the town. He’s quick with a recommendation on restaurants to visit and other places to see. It’s one of my favorite places to hang out during the week for a drink and to get some work done on my laptop.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
James F, Manager at The Asbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hello Kristen,

We truly appreciate your 5 star review! Its wonderful to hear you live locally and have had an opportunity to enjoy our communal lobby and bar space. As mentioned its really fun in the evenings but can also be very relaxing and quiet during the day. Which we are happy to learn you have enjoyed both. We are so glad you are a return guest and we truly appreciate your loyalty. We hope to see you soon. Have an amazing day!