“It wood Have got 5 if they had a vegan cheese”
Review of Pizzeria Olivia

Pizzeria Olivia
Ranked #93 of 1,276 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Handcrafted wood-fired pizzas , fresh homemade food , sangrias , cocktails, juices and other Italian dishes make our menu. A warm and friendly service rounded ends of the experience of our guests.
Reviewed 8 February 2017

After reading many reviews I have decided to take this one for a try. I am vegan but I came with a normal companion ;) . The reviews till now show two things: deli food, bad service.:

The Pizzas- We both licked our fingers they were made good and have whole section for Vegetarians in the menus... the Veggie pizza was grate although I had to ask to make it without cheese. In Bogota some may have Vegan Cheese, here although more touristic - they have never heard abt it --- ok... the "Carnivor" option made my partner very happy

As for the service- We were attended by two very Nice Girls waiters although looked stressed. I know Colombia well and I can guess why you all were not satisfied with service and on the wayI have a small suggestion to Colombian Boses... Olivia is a net in this city, They have a good kitchen and it is a money machine placed in the best locations in Medellin. As a money machine and Colombian way to treat low wage workers they are stressed and I could have it. The waiter was so interested to know how a customer can be pleased eating a pizza with no Cheese that I was touched... they are Colombian so off course they are nice persons but when you treat your workers tuff don't be surprised if you get Tripadvisor's comments about your service!

Please treat those waiters better - pay them well, don't be harsh with them And you will get the 5 all stars !!!! I saw some great hard working women running between the tables!

Jorge M, Social Media Manager at Pizzeria Olivia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Thank you for visiting us and writing your opinion, we hope to see you again and work with your valuable advice

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I went there a couple of times on my last visit to Medellin. I had a really great salmon (cooked on a cedar plank) and it was actually very good value which is always a plus.

Jorge M, Social Media Manager at Pizzeria Olivia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Thanks about your review, we hope to have you again. Regards.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Of all the Olivia chain restaurants, the one located in parque laureles is by far my favourite; spacious with charming decor and attentive staff. In addition there is a kids play area.

Their pizza selection is wonderful and i recommend a few light appetizers. I like to order a selection of meat and veggie pizzas when dining out with large group. Chocolate volcano or baked biscuit dessert to finish off.....it just has to be done no matter how full you are!

Thanks about your review, we hope to have you again. Regards!

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here for a super nice and affordable lunch. All the food and beverages were well presented, quick, and absolutely delicious. The service however was very so so, we always had to request when we needed something else even at the beginning for drinks! Overall pleasant experience due to the great vibes and even better food but definitely don't rely to be treated like a valued customer.

Thanks about your review, it let us to work to make better your experience.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We ate here on our first night in Medellin and were very impressed with the Pizza. In addition to pizza, there was a great selection of appetizers and pastas. The pizza was delicious and the crust was thin and baked to just the right crispness for us.

Jorge M, Social Media Manager at Pizzeria Olivia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Thanks about your review, regards!