All reviews tony romas initial experience low floor nice pool great air conditioning weight room european standards front desk attendant key card light switches upgraded to a suite rooms are decent minute drive seen better days bed and pillows direct tv nice hotel
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a big disappointment.

I stayed there for 2 nights with my work team for onsite consulting meetings and several things went wrong.

1- The night we arrived after a 14hr trip I was given keys to a room that was already occupied. I walked into the room, only to find another guest in his room for an awkward and unsafe experience.
2- The hair salon was rude and un-accomodating to one of my colleagues.
3- We were given rooms in the same floor as the conference rooms, resulting in super loud afternoons and poor internet connection (which was always spotty and slow in general).
4- I ordered a tea and sandwich the first night for room service and ended up waiting 1hr for it.
5- The rooms did not have basic amenities like an iron and board, a coffee machine or a functioning safe.
6- The TV remote would weirdly also control the lights and blackouts, but there was no guide or explanation as to which button did what. Which led to turning off lights and AC while trying to change channels.
7- One of my colleagues was charged twice for his room. Upon checkout the front desk insisted the room wasn't paid for, and that they couldn't process credit cards at the moment. So he had to take cash out in a rush from a nearby atm to pay, while we missed our cab back to the airport. Turns out after checking with our internal booking system that the room had been paid for, but the hotel mixed him up with another guest with the same last name. They still haven't refunded my colleague.

Overall it was a bad experience and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Hope they get their act together and stop preying on foreigners.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Miguel C
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This is not a 5 Star hotel. At first glance it looked really nice. But once you take a closer look and you see this place needs some help.
To start off, I’d like to talk about the staff. The porters at the hotel are great. A special thank you to Giovanni. He was so helpful throughout our trip. Also there was a young man that poured coffee at breakfast. He was also very friendly. However, The front staff needs some coaching on friendliness. We had a cold reception when we arrived. And felt we put them out by showing up.
The room was decorated very nice. But it’s just lipstick. The beds, holy crap. They were uncomfortable as hell and they put in plastic liners on the bed. It is hot, uncomfortable, and very noisy. There were three of us. So every time one of us moved we all could hear it. The only time I have slept on plastic bed liners is when I was young and staying at cheap motels in Tahoe. It was ridiculous. Also the rooms do not have irons or ironing boards. You have to call the front desk to have it delivered and hope they have enough. This leads me to the bathroom. The toilets fill up then slowly flush. And you usually have to flush a couple of times. Then the water in the shower is awful. It blasts you with scorching hot water and sometimes freezing water. I mean, you really need to jump out of the way so you don’t get burned. So overall the rooms didn’t meet expectations.
Facilities, they did have a gym, it was outside overlooking the pool. The pool furniture was mismatched and very worn. The tiles looked like someone had put putty all over the place. It just wasn’t very nice looking.
I wouldn’t recommend this hotel. Aside from Giovanni and the coffee kid, the staff didn’t make up for the glaring issues. It really does have potential but it isn’t a 5 Star. They need an overhaul. At least take off the stupid bed liners.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie L
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in the business district Medellin.
Near many restaurants and shopping centers.
The area is safe to walk.
The hotel is not new but the rooms where renovated recently.
The rooms are comfortable and clean .
You got all you need for a pleasant stay.
We had problems with the WiFi during our stay.
Service in the hotel was attentive but very slow.
The food in the restaurant was average.
Try to avoid it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Dann Carlton M, Marketing Digital at Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We truly appreciate your comments about our hotel.
Regarding the service issues, we are going to send this information to review it with the areas in charge.
We hope you give us the opportunity to give you a 5 stars hotel experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The Dann Carlton is a beautiful hotel in a great location in the heart of Medellin.
We had a lovely experience, but there definitely are a few things to note that would take this hotel from average/very good to excellent:
-The beds/pillows aren't comfortable.They're "crunchy," if you will.The room s are beautifully done, that it's a shame they skimped on the comfort of the bedding.
-The toilets take a few flushes to get rid of waste, and smells like mildew/sewage the first few flushes
-walls are definitely thin, so you can hear your neighbors. If you're a light sleeper, I recommend ear plugs.
-wifi works throughout the hotel, but there are different networks that you have to continuously switch to, which could get a bit annoying.
-Shower got extremely hot every few minutes-- I guess could be good or bad- at least there is hot water!

Now, for the good:
-Great location. Close enough to walk to the bars, but far enough away that you aren't disrupted by the late night noise, etc.
-Plentiful breakfast- lots of options, and they'll make your eggs to order if requested
-Pool is beautiful
-Gym outside is a nice touch
-Staff was friendly
-Clean

I would definitely recommend it as an option for a Medellin hotel, being that the price was extremely reasonable, provided that you're ok with the negatives above.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank gidget2
Dann Carlton M, Marketing Digital at Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear guest,

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Everything about my stay was perfect. The rooms are large, well appointed wi5 high ceilings. The staff were unbelievable helpful and professional. I ended up extendiing my stay, as I loved it so much. I can wait to come back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chasicakes
Dann Carlton M, Marketing Digital at Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Good morning dear guest.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We truly appreciate your nice comments about our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay in our rooms. You are always welcome at the Dann Carlton Medellin Hotel and we hope to see you very soon.
¡Nice day!