“An special place to eat”
Review of Tabun

Tabun
Ranked #92 of 1,278 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tabun Restaurant is a unique place to have all the senses. The restaurant is located in an exclusive area of the city of Medellin, which offers a nice next to an exquisite variety of dishes moment . Invite you to enjoy mixing colors , aromas and flavors of cultures and Middle Eastern recipes Enjoy a contrast between the modern and the ancient Arab world , innovative, full of color, textures and sounds that spread the experience in Tabun environment. The location is divided into two types of environments , contrasting modernity with the age of the Arab world. The name of Tabun essentially refers to the name of the old furnace where Arabic bread was made . Free Valet Parking is available for your community .
Reviewed 2 March 2017

The restaurant has two levels and different environment when you either sit on a table or on the floor. Food quality is very good including beverages. It is expensive for the city standards.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We booked a table for 31 Dec as one of the few open in the neighbourhood. It ended up being a very nice restaurant. we chose for Indian Menu. On top there was a performance with live belly dancer.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

My son found this restaurant and it was open on Christmas Eve. It's a blend of Indian, Israeli, Lebanese, Turkish and a few other cuisines. After you order, you are presented with an enormous naan which is made in house. It comes with 8 spreads and salads. We all had lamb or chicken shwarma. which was accompanied by cut up potatoes in a sweet orange sauce which was delicious. The service was slow. It may have been because of the holiday and they were short on staff but I'm just guessing. I ordered dessert and it took so long to get to us that I asked for it to go because we wanted to leave. Aside from that, we really enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

For me, it is by far the best restaurant in terms of value for money. whenever we have a family get together or a office gathering, we go here. Naan is a freshly baked fluffy and soft bread that you'd never miss.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Tabun is an Arabian restaurant in Poblado, the exciting part of Medellín. I went there on a Friday evening with my teacher and friends from Colombia, the US, the UK, Myanmar and Thailand to celebrate the month of love and friendship. We booked a table next to the open window on the second floor; the wall near us divided our table with a room in the style of a big Arabian tent.

It took us a while to choose what to eat and drink because there were many choices, portions and prices. The wine was good but I preferred juice, so I ordered the "traditional juice" which included mandarina, strawberry, pineapple, mango, and passion fruit. What sweet and delicious juice! The food for nine of us included big round bread, salty beef, sweet pork, small bowls of salad and sauce, fried sweet potatoes, and rice. The beef was a little salty while the potatoes were a little sweet for me. But I still felt lucky because I could eat something delicious other than spicy food there. I was impressed by square pieces of papaya which were sweet and fresh. It was the most papaya that I have ever eaten!

Because the restaurant tried to create the Arabian space, hence I felt a little hot at the back. But what was even hotter was the dance performance of Colombian women who were wearing the Arabian costumes and dancing joyfully from floor to floor and table to table. They smiled and invited customers to join them and I encouraged my Thai female friend to dance with them. She was very happy but even tried to take pictures with them when they finished.

Tabun is a fun place to dine out for couples, groups of friends, and families. The best time to come to this Arabian restaurant is the early evening.