Hotel Merlott
US$ 324
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Du Parc Royal(Medellin)
US$ 120
US$ 91
US$ 83
US$ 84
US$ 70
Hotel Poblado Alejandria(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$ 73
Cancelon
US$ 71
US$ 67
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

This hotel for business trip it was fine.
Nice room, large space, bathroom small.
The breakfast is very simple but tasted.
Close to some restaurants for dinner.
Low outside noise.
The employers were very educated and helpful.

Nothing special but working fine.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank João L
Reviewed 10 May 2015 via mobile

The location is excellent, rooms are cheap, and everything is new. Its also quiet. David the manager is very helpful and a good host. I recomend it as an alternative to a hostel or for business travellers.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here June 2012, was in Medellin for a medical issue.
Ended stayed 6 weeks, service was very good and friendly.
They offered free breakfast, there is a grocery store close by
Taxis are easy to get and very cheap

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stopped by this hotel to see what the prices were during the flower festival. The lady at the front desk gave us a quote and said that there were rooms available. We left to look for other accommodations and came back in 10 minutes. The lady gave us the key to the room and told us to come back to register with the passports. My boyfriend started to unpack, while I went to the front desk. After several minutes of trying to figure something out with the computer, the front desk assistant told me that the room was no longer available, but there was another room for 40 dollars more. I tried to talk to her, explaining that we already have our stuff in the rooms, etc, etc, but she said that we would need to leave, which left me quite shocked. She made a reservation for us in another hotel, but we needed to take a 20 minute taxi there. I went back to the room to pack the stuff back. As I was doing it, the lady was calling the number, telling us to make sure we leave the room clean. Quite an unpleasant experience.
The room itself was very nice though. Would have probably enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zayatss
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We found this nice looking hotel and inquired about room availability for one night. The young, female attendant quoted us a fairly reasonable price and we accepted. She showed us to our room and asked that when we were settled, we bring our passports to the main counter to complete the check in. We were very tired, had been walking around all day and we very glad to be in our room. We unpacked, I used the bathroom and lay down on the bed while my girlfriend went to complete check in.

After being gone for about 10 minutes, she knocked on the door. I let her in and asked why she hadn't used the key? It turned out that the attendant at the counter informed us the room was no longer available for us! Then, right on que, the phone started to ring. I answered and it was the young female attendant telling me that we needed to 'leave the room immediately!' I could not only hear her on the phone, but I could hear her from down the hall! The lack of courtesy and unprofessionalism was unreal.

We spoke further to the young attendant who informed us that there was now only one room available at the hotel, a nicer room for almost double the price! We were stunned. She had just placed us in a room and kicked us out...apologized for the trouble and said that if we wanted, we could pay more for a different room! We asked to be moved into that room for the same price as she quoted for the room we were shown to previously. She said she could not do that and called her manager, who also said they could not do that.

So we were shown a room, unpacked, used restroom and lay on the bed before being told someone else booked it first and we were kicked out. In the 3 weeks we spent in this great country, this was the only time we encountered such rude unprofessionalism at the hotels, the hostels, the restaurants, with the taxis or police or vendors or anywhere else.

Room Tip: Make sure its actually available before you unpack!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple