See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Nice linens, clean very efficient rooms. Small fridge, desk etc...just a bit small for my taste...Great location...close to a couple of my favorite restaurants...friendly staff greeted us as soon as we walked in. Would go there again.

Room Tip: Would have liked being further from front desk and breakfast room ...
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andres M, Community Manager at Asturias Hotel Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for your comments, we work on giving you the best service so that you have a very good experience. He is right the Hotel has mostly small rooms; As a suggestion on the next occasion we suggest the "Junior Suites" rooms to make it more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 16 May 2017

If you don't demand too much for a hotel room I can recommend Hotel Asturias for you as the room is OK (I mean, enough for your needs), breakfast is rather OK as well and staff was helpful. Also, price charged is fair.

Pros:

- Cost-benefit ratio
- The best thing is location, as the neighborhood is calm, quite nice and charming and nearby some good restaurant and the main football stadium.

Cons:

- WiFi was not very good and the signal was average.

Room Tip: If you utterly need great WiFi connection, make sure to have a room close to a router
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Rafael H
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Rooms without windows and no ac. Mega noisy. You can hear everything from the loby and de dining room. Pics doesn't match with reality. Certainly the building wasn't planned for a hotel. Horrible experience

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank Ana B
Reviewed 12 September 2016

We had a terrific four days here.

First, Laureles is now our favorite neighborhood in town. The main streets have all the shops, restaurant and bars just about any visitor would want. The residential side streets are shaded and quiet. And in the tourist's forever-quest for "authentic", Laureles just feels right, way more so than the hotel and bar scene in Poblado.

Second, Hotel Asturias was just what we were hoping for, a comfortable moderate place to spend time before and after the Marathon. I don't recognize it from the place knocked in some reviews. It's on quiet Circular 4 behind huge tropical trees, two blocks from what became our favorite cafe. The place is spotless. The standard room may be a bit small for two people, perfect for one. Mine had an overhead fan and window, fresh air the whole time. During a hotter time, maybe I'd prefer an interior room with no window but a/c. Breakfast was good. Head's up: wifi is fast in the lobby, not available in the rooms.

Saving best for last: the staff is wonderful. I was welcomed late at night, and the niceness continued through departure. Everyone was super-helpful, encouraging the whole time with my broken Spanish (not a lot of English here, or Laureles, for that matter - see "authentic", above). A family member got sick, and they had a doctor come to the room, all part of the hotel's insurance (not sure how that works!).

That's it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2016

This small boutique hotel is located in L'aureles which is now the only place I would stay in Medellin. Great service! Wonderful staff, clean modern rooms, reasonable breakfast and just perfect.

I do recommend a 'suite', which really means just a room with a window AND air conditioning. Otherwise, you can choose one or the other, but not both. Nice linens, decent beds, wonderful people and an exquisite location!

Room Tip: Only book a suite.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends