“A must when in Medellin - easily Michelin start worthy”
Review of El Cielo

El Cielo
Ranked #23 of 1,298 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 200
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cuisine based on Colombian roots, using a mixture of traditional and cutting edge techniques to the study of neuroscience is what makes elcielo restaurant a magical place. The elcielo dining experience includes a variety of colors, textures, smells and tastes that stimulate the senses and arouse emotions.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We had the 9 course tasting menu and it was absolutely fantastic. I have eaten at several Michelin star restaurants across the world and this was up there with the best and without any of the pretentiousness one can often get in some. The service was excellent and it was lovely for one of the chefs to come out and explain one of the dishes to us. I was also pleasantly surprised with the waiters and chef being able to explain the dishes in English as throughout our 3 weeks in Colombia we found this to be rare (not a criticism as we did not expect them to speak English but it was nice to have the dishes explained to us here). I would recommend this restaurant to all.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful worth a michelin star in medellin. Please take the opportunity o knowing it. They have also great menus for lunch!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I went here in Setpember 2015 while I was in Medellin for the UNWTO General Assembly. Strongly recommended and it's all there. Fantastic creative cuisine. It was awesome and entertaining. If I ever return to Colombia I will make sure to return to this fantastic restaurant...

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I went for a dinner with my wife, it an experience that will last for a long time a one of the best restaurant I have done in the world. I would love to have a Cielo in Europe.
Congratulations !!!!!
A Michelin star Chef!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent experience. Food was creative, appealed to all your scenes.
If you like tasting menus this is a must.