Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 44
View deal
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUS$ 44
Hotels.comUS$ 44
Expedia.comUS$ 44
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2016

I made a reservation to bring my friend to the Casa Morales Spa for her 30th birthday to receive a relaxing massage and chocolate therapy.

We are greeted with a smile upon entry in the hotel lobby-and directed towards the Spa.

We walk into the hair salon/spa area and did not feel welcomed. I recall there specifically only being one of the Spa staff members smiling and treating us with respect and I believe that she was the manager- the other woman did not seem to look forward to working.

They asked us to change and go into the turkish bath to open our pores. We sat in the turkish bath for less then what seemed like 2 minutes and they asked us to come out of the bath and that they were going to get started right away.

The chocolate therapy- they put chocolate on our bodies- it dried- and then we bathed in a shower with a very dis-functional shower head that took a lot of the relaxation I had just sunk into- away.

The relaxing massage- I was cold from the shower from the chocolate therapy and there were no blankets offered. During our session- there was construction going on in the next room! Metal bars were being dropped and it was really disturbing to what is supposed to be a relaxing massage. The staff was having conversations with one another during the massage.

There are huge bamboo curtains hanging as their 'door' in the entrance of the spa- despite the beautify of the curtains- I found them also very disturbing during my therapies. The staff would use it to come in and out of the spa and that mixed with their loud communication- was quit frustrating.

Therapies were over- didn't feel great! They walked us to a jacuzzi that was almost cold- I got it for 1 minute and decided it was cold so got out. We then were invited into the turkish bath at the end- and that was the nicest part of our experience! Was being able to sit, relaxing, without interruption.

I live about an hour away permanently and was looking for a good spa nearby- well- this one isn't it. And it made me a little timid to try others in the area.

I do not recommend this Spa- I did not explore the hotel- it looked great!

Hopefully the Spa team can debrief this comment and try to be more aware of each individual client walking into their space to relax and not experience what my friend and I experienced on her birthday.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank flutterbyrp
Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Casa Morales. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Plus there is an amazing view of the surrounding mountains.

There is a spa, gym, pool, and free wifi. The wifi is spotty at times and some rooms have poor reception. It is best to ask when booking a room about the wifi.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank chris7wade
Reviewed 3 December 2014

I am here now for a week, it was recommended b y locals as the place to stay. Not many tripadvisor reviews to go on, but in comparison to the many hotels I have stayed its a 3 star.Having said that rooms are clean, well appointed, and comfortable., I especially enjoy the balcony over looking the lush mountain vista... spectacular. The lobby, pool, area, and service within are very good. Food with the included breakfast has great service and very tasty offerings. The WiFi is OK so far, not fast but not slow. Better on cell phones than tablets or laptops I notice.
Good business address for meetings etc.

All over I am enjoying my time here, I would recommend.

Room tip: Ask for rooms on the outside, not facing the pool area.. the outside rooms have great views of the surrounding mountains
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I didn't like this hotel at all. It is one of the most expensive on the city and the service was pretty bad. We reserved a room for 3 people, they charged us for 3 people but when we arrived it had only 2 beds! Then we asked for a change and this new room didn't have a fridge and the safe wasn't working. I was told that it was going to be fixed in a week! mmm.. There was also more people complaining for the same things.. Also, our shower had this big window where you could be watched from outside!!!! They said that it was because it was a "ecological hotel" haha

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Pilar-F
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The area was not where the action was and you don't see too many people walking around. You are a little far away to be walking alone to those other places. The rooms were the old hotels low beds wide but the mattress was like of cotton. It reminded me of when I travelled
Colombia about 30 yrs ago. So it was a little nostolgic. The hotel is nice, it has a pool and all that its just not modern, the breakfast buffet was not as abundant in variety as some other places. I thought it used to me where the monks lived. So the area was what bothered me the most. little lonely for a tourist no stores nor restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: December 2011