“Cool place to visit”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is one of Cartagena's well kept secret. The owner has given the place a nice feel and has made sure the food matches it. They are revamping the restaurant but that only adds to the experience.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I requested a response to my letter and complaint. As I expected I did not get a reply. This restaurant does not value their customers or reputation.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

The most charming and special of them all. I can guarantee you'll enjoy this beautiful place, an old gunpowder factory. Good taste is everywhere, service is excellent as well as the food.

1  Thank Lucilla A
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband and I are Expats living and working on a very large refinery project in Cartagena. We were given a gift certificate for Plaza de Armas. The restaurant would not accept it. We were told the current owner has owned the restaurant for 10 years however the certificate was signed by a partner that has (I assume recently) left the company. The certificate was printed with my husband's name and the initials of the person that purchased it. It had a raised, signed seal along with handwritten instructions and contact information on the back as how to use it. When we arrived at the restaurant a gentlemen paced around in front of us holding the certificate while talking on the phone. They acted like we had stolen it or were trying to get something for nothing. What should have been a fun, relaxing evening was not! Apparently this establishment does not value their reputation or have any commitment to customer service. We left the restaurant after their ridiculous explanation as to why they would not accept a gift certificate that they acknowledged had been purchased, paid for and issued by them. GREED!! We are foreigners and they knew they could take advantage of us. We are returning the certificate to the honest, hard working person that purchased it, hopefully they will return his money but I doubt it. We left the restaurant and had dinner elsewhere in the Old City. With so many great, interesting dining experiences available in Cartagena there is no reason the risk your money or time at a place that has no conscience or code of ethics. With that being said, Andre (waiter) was respectful and apologized to us for a situation he had no control over. He is too classy for this tacky place.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Nicely located right next to the wall and close to Santo Domingo and offers great ambiance, unfortunately, food is nothing special. For entry, we asked for a lobster croquettes and they were oily and flat-tasted. Eggplant fettucini and fish (Mero) were good but not mind-blowing.