“Great service, food and drinks”

Cuba 1940 - Plaza San Diego
Ranked #22 of 882 Restaurants in Cartagena
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had an unplanned dinner with the family and the experience was great. The service was excellent - I was with my kids (4 and 16months) and they did everything to accommodate us. Had the best vaca frita I have ever tried. All the drinks we had were good, but their signature drink was a winner - CUBA 1940. The drink was contained in glass box that was infused with tabacco...good impression!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Heard about this through another couple that had gone.
The service was so excellent. Thanks wish I knew the name of the waiter. He did a great job
Good classic Cuban food. I had ropa views which was delicious. My partner had the steak encebollado. He really enjoyed it and I tasted it and thought it was excellent as well
They have a Mambo quartet that plays at 830. Very nice atmosphere
It’s not the typical Cartagena experience, but if you’re in town for a few days, it was a nice option that we enjoyed a lot b

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Food was really not that great; many better restaurants in Cartagena. Pleasant to sit outside. Better for a drink than food.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stopped in for drinks and appetizers. The Mojitos were great, the appetizers were yummy. Service was painfully slow.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We stopped here for drinks and appetizers in the afternoon. They have a nice sidewalk seating area that's great for people watching. Service was very attentive and the few snacks we chose (Yuca and Croquettes) were very tasty. The Club Colombias were a bit more expensive than at some other restaurants (9,000 pesos), but it overall still felt like a good value. I'd like to return for dinner sometime.