“Great service, food and drinks”
Review of Cuba 1940

Cuba 1940
Ranked #93 of 796 Restaurants in Cartagena
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Reviewed 1 week ago

Had an unplanned dinner with the family and the experience was great. The service was excellent - I was with my kids (4 and 16months) and they did everything to accommodate us. Had the best vaca frita I have ever tried. All the drinks we had were good, but their signature drink was a winner - CUBA 1940. The drink was contained in glass box that was infused with tabacco...good impression!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Heard about this through another couple that had gone.
The service was so excellent. Thanks wish I knew the name of the waiter. He did a great job
Good classic Cuban food. I had ropa views which was delicious. My partner had the steak encebollado. He really enjoyed it and I tasted it and thought it was excellent as well
They have a Mambo quartet that plays at 830. Very nice atmosphere
It’s not the typical Cartagena experience, but if you’re in town for a few days, it was a nice option that we enjoyed a lot b

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Food was really not that great; many better restaurants in Cartagena. Pleasant to sit outside. Better for a drink than food.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stopped in for drinks and appetizers. The Mojitos were great, the appetizers were yummy. Service was painfully slow.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We stopped here for drinks and appetizers in the afternoon. They have a nice sidewalk seating area that's great for people watching. Service was very attentive and the few snacks we chose (Yuca and Croquettes) were very tasty. The Club Colombias were a bit more expensive than at some other restaurants (9,000 pesos), but it overall still felt like a good value. I'd like to return for dinner sometime.