All reviews empanadas hot pocket a minute cab ride strong water pressure plenty of hot water cleaned daily small fridge great hotel breakfast buffet room service rooms are spacious estoy balcony aguardiente jog por pharmacy
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Very central hotel near to all city commerce and Hotels area. Nice and clean. The restaurant is awsome. You must try a juice knows as "Lulada" that is just from Cali and eat the "obelisco empanadas", are delicious. Great business hotel.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Summer 2016 ( July ) traveling visiting family. There is nothing I would change at this property.

Great room on a high floor with a view of the river and restaurant below. Nice balcony to relax. Room service / house keeping staff is excellent. Door men are outstanding! Owners take pride in their property and make sure your stay is a great one.

You must eat here, it is a must do while in the city. The empanadas are world class. I think I ate as many as I could before departing for home. They are small in size with just the right consistency that makes you want even more.

The pizza was also very delicious. The dinner menu has a lot of options and each night we ate here we were very happy with our meal and service.

The beds in the room are great, I think the mattresses are all new. WiFi has been added and I have to say it was great. Although I was on vacation they made it easy for me to stay connected to my office with great coverage in the room.

If I get the chance to return to Cali I will pick this location to be my hotel!

Thank you to everyone at this property for making my Colombian vacation a wonderful memory.

Room tip: Request a high floor, with a river view! well worth it!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We waited over half an hour to get a table but it was worth the wait.
We has plato de fritos and everything was just great, ordered a lulada not the one with , I guess gin, very tasty and different.
Really enjoyed the visit, service was a bit slow but the apologized and told us they were missing a couple if waiters.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2016

14 of us traveled to Cali to help kids with cancer & poor children. Staying at the Obelisco was an absolutely phenomenal experience. We were blown away by their top notch service. They went way above and beyond to help us. We had 45+ suitcases, then we purchased food to feed 850 children and they helped us load & unload several times. They were always one step ahead of us to ensure that we were well taken care of. The entire staff was outstanding and we highly recommend this Hotel.

The rooms are also EXTREMELY large (except the double room was normal). But the Triple & Master Single Rooms were the largest standard rooms I've ever seen (and I've traveled a lot on business & pleasure). Each triple room had 3 "double" beds and there was still a ton of room available.

It's conveniently located, and my entire team was VERY pleased with our stay. They also got addicted to their "Lulada" (fruit drink). :)

We highly recommend this hotel... it's where we will ALWAYS stay when we travel to Cali. Way to go Hotel Obelisco.. thank you so very much for our Amazing experience!!! Marcy Angulo

Room tip: Get Triple or Single Master. If you need a Double Room, ask for the Triple & to just put 2 beds in it.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MarcyA33
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Saturday night, just landed, we met the family for a quick dinner.
We had some empanadas and very nice small pieces of fried meat cubes.
Food amazing, nice waiting staff. Maybe a little bit slow.
Recommend

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel Obelisco C, Director Comercial at Hotel Obelisco Cali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thanks a lot for sharing with us your experience in the Obelisco´s Restaurant.
We have also shared your comment with our staff to provide you with an even better experience next time you visit.
We would be happy to see you next time soon!

Best regards