All reviews stayed here for one night would stay here again shuttle soap minibar airport brand reception floor mall pool city
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I stayed here for about 12 days during the recent Central American and Caribbean Games held in Barranquilla, Colombia. The hotel was clean and well maintained, the staff was professional and their English thankfully was better than my Spanish. The pool is rooftop and while I didn't get to enjoy swimming in it I did get to enjoy the view. The mall was an easy 10 minute walk (more if you stroll) and I would stay here again if I get another opportunity to visit.

My one complaint is that they charged me for a bag of chips that I didn't eat. Not a huge deal, but their record keeping can probably tighten up a bit.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Gina C, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Express Barranquilla Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

"Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Of all the Holiday Inn establishments I’ve been to the service and staff here are by far the best! They’re so accommodating and go above and beyond to make my stay exceptional always. Lots of thanks to Fabio Teherán, Carlos Coba, Erik Rolong, and José Vides!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gina C, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Express Barranquilla Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Gina,C

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

When a hotel start to save in amenities, soap, shampoo, etc is a bad signal. Either the training isn’t there either they are trained to ddi so.
Location is also an issue, far from everything, even a coffee shop at a walking distance, they must have a kind of shuttle.
Finally if you have an IHG status don’t expect an upgrade.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Gina C, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Express Barranquilla Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear guest,

"Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Stayed here for one night and slept so well we considered adding a stopover here on our way back. Rooms are really nice and better than most Intercontinentals we stay at. Service is normal for an HI express and location is at a highway exit for easy access. A little walk will take you to some cute veggie restaurants that are good for lunch (maybe dinner too though we weren't in town for that.) Not much to do nearby but this is Barranquilla so you're probably here for business or on your way to Santa Marta and in either case this HI Express is a great pick.

Staff coordinated shuttle to Santa Marta and cabs were standing by at all hours.

Room Tip: all rooms are quite
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Gina C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Barranquilla Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Gina,C

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Very clean hotel.
Not too far from the Buenavista shopping mall. (7.000 pesos taxi or 15 minutes walk)
It is an Express version of the holiday inn.
No bar, a limited restaurant on the 18th floor where you will find the external pool and the gym too. The food was very OK.
Rooms are very clean and have all you would expect in this kind of hotel. TV, minibar, Safe, hairdryer, ironing stuff. Even a radio/clock docking station for iphone charging and music.
Bathroom with a perfect shower.
Soap was available, but no shampoo.

Sunset was beautiful at the 18th floor.

The reception
Checking in was a little bit slow.

For some reason they copied our passports as well as the page with the immigration stamps. First time I have seen taking such a number of copies. Checking in does not has to take 15 minutes. After a long bus and taxi day, offering a glass of water or soda as a welcome?

Checking out by Carlos was largely compensating that minor issue.
Speaking French and English in an hotel is a rare fact.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Gina C, Director de Recepción at Holiday Inn Express Barranquilla Buenavista, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018