“Good location,nice room,Dinner was awful and lock your room door” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Wenzhou Hotel

Sheraton Wenzhou Hotel
Ranked #4 of 350 Hotels in Wenzhou
Shanghai, China
“Good location,nice room,Dinner was awful and lock your room door”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I go to Wenzhou once in a month,so,I know most of the hotels in Wenzhou,many local wenzhou people goes to hotel rooms to play gamble,so, Wenzhou hotels' rooms mostly have heavy cigarette smokes, and breakfasts in Wenzhou hotels were awful,nothing to eat... And difficult to park cars.

Let's talk about Sheraton Wenzhou, reception was helpful, room. Was great, bathroom was nice too, but you must lock your door and be sure about it because housekeeping woman can enter your room without noticing you, so YOU MUST LOCK your door well,
I was laying on bed with my wife and then housekeeping lady entered our room suddenly,very scary,, and good that we weren't in private conditions at that time,

Dinner was awful,I didn't see buffet dinner,I talk about ala carte,we ordered many foods from menu,price was expensive,it is ok but taste and presentation of food was awful, so, stay in Sheraton but don't eat there,,
Breakfast was better than other wenzhou hotels but not as good as other Sheraton hotels,

I think there is a management problem in Wenzhou Sheraton,they must take action on restaurant and services,

So, Sheraton Wenzhou is much better than other Wenzhou hotels, you can stay there, but this hotel doesn't have enough qualifications which can pass sheraton standards,the worst Sheraton I have ever stayed,

Room Tip: Stay here, don't eat here,lock your door,choose non-smoking room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

This hotel is less than 3 yrs., its practically new. Room is nice and quiet, w/big bathroom and clean. Although the location of this hotel is superb, but this city is boring and it doesn't feel safe to go anywhere, unlike in Guangzhou. There are some commercial centers and department stores nearby, which sells mostly clothings and shoes. Lots of local signatures?? meaning brands that are never heard and obviously originated locally. But they'll always say that its from Italy or France. BS!!!
There is a Starbucks just across the big street, you can even see it from your room if its facing the same street. The lobby retaurant has breakfast; lunch; and dinner buffets. The food quality is very average, price is a bit expensive. Actually, prices of food and drinks in hotels in China are so unreasonably expensive. And the worst thing is they're not in anyway delicious. One morning while having breakfast buffet with my friend in the lobby restaurant, another guy who is a local, sneezed and coughed several times directly to the buffet food in front of him. It was a huge pot of congee, I remember. Yaks !!
Anyway, the lobby bar is cozy but furnitures are a bit dated and uncomfortable, and the locals are allowed to smoke even at the lobby. Terrible !! Drinks are ok besides the price. The bar manager, Mac is really a fantastic guy, he's so nice and polite, you don't see many people like him in China. Overall, this hotel is ok. I would recommend this for its location and rooms. Good luck !

Room Tip: Choose the non-smoking floors.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

It was for the third time I had to stay in Wenzhou this year (2011).
When I have chosen the Sheraton hotel in March before my first visit I knew nothing about the hotel. Only that it was brand new. With the experience from my previous visits in China I knew that if I want a room with no cigarette smell ( pillows, carpets and others) I have to choose a new hotel. Then I knew that the Sheraton brand will not let me down.
And I was so right. The hotel was great and the experience I had was such that I have spent 2 hours everyday on traveling by taxi to Ruian only to come back to Sheraton to have my evenings, night and great breakfasts.
My friends at the partner company in Ruian asked me why? And the answer was: " when I return to the Sheraton every night I feel at home and I feel treated as a King".
I had initially no SPG points when I booked my first stay and I am paying the accommodation.
Then I came again in April for another week of stay.
Then again in July to August for three weeks.
Wenzhou is not Beijing, where you could ask people in the street a question and you will get an answer in English most probably ( mostly from young people). The Wenzhou people are great, friendly but I have found that the help from the Sheraton concierge was unbelievable. They would come with me to the China Southern offices to help with my ticket, or to the Computer City to help negotiating a better deal for the new laptop ... they would not accept a tip saying they Just want to make me feel good while I am away from home ( Melbourne, Australia).
There is room for improvement, you will find no snobbish welcome when you arrive., but this is not for me. Instead you will feel the real warmth of the Chinese personnel ready to make you feel at home in their city and their hotel.
Breakfast was great and in the evening the Chinese restaurant was unbelievable ( it is the best restaurant in Wenzhou, I believe.
The price for the accommodation is excellent.
Management did a great job at this Sheraton Hotel.
I will only stay at the Sheraton hotel in Wenzhou and I will not hesitate to stay at any other new Sheraton hotel in China.

I will only stay at the

Room Tip: A higher floor room (17th floor and higher) with the view towards he
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Florin G
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Charging probably the 2nd most expensive room rates in a relatively expensive Chinese city, I would rate this as a scam. The hotel is located on a rather small property at a busy junction. How it became 5-star when there is no pool or gym operating. The quality of the service staff is definitely not 5-star, they are raw & rough. Spending a thousand RMB at the lobby lounge, we got no live performance but plenty of apologies from the waitresses who broke a bottle into half by dropping in on the glass table top, showering us with Tiger Beer (they ran out after 3 bottles), mixing cocktails wrongly, adding ice when specifically requested not to. On the day off my checkout, I was rudely awaken by hotel staff ringing my doorbell incessantly trying to collect laundry....why would I have laundry on the day of my checkout? The basement car park is a garbage dump with styrofoam all over the place and when I was driving out, I was blocked by a trucked that stopped on the sloping entrance unloading airconditioners, how dangerous can that be. I spent 15 minutes in my car on the steep curving slope wishing that I will nto be hit in the rear by a speeding truck or something. The only thing good about the hotel was the breakfast. For this price that you are paying, there is no opulence in the room or the lobby as compared to some local branded 5 star hotel at much less than this price. Unless you are collecting loyalty points and your boss is paying, you are better of somewhere else. You'll not only collect points but plenty of apologies too because these people are shameless, dangerous, have no idea of hospitalty and full of excuses.

Room Tip: to get the best room, go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank wreckit
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

New hotel in Wenzhou with great room and good both western and Chinese restaurants. Coffee Shop in lobby has great buffet and great service. Staff is attentative.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business