“Fantastic Hotel.”

Ranked #7 of 753 Hotels in Ningbo
North Yorks,
“Fantastic Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

2nd time I have stated here in 4 months and this time everything was superb. Beautiful room and butler service. Used the Gyma and wonderful pool. The staff are so friendly and make a real effort with you. Breakfast is really good and huge choice. I think there are other great hotels in Ningbo but for me this one is special and I think I will always use it. I travel to Ningbo China several times a year. Top tip get someone locally to book it for you. Their rate was 50% cheaper than the best rate I could find online.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank LuluNorthYorks_
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed here for a couple of days on a business trip to Ningbo. My room was in the new wing. The room itself was a two-room suite with a spacious bathroom. The room was extremely clean and quite modern with a comfortable bed and an extensive pillow menu to ensure a good night's sleep. The internet was complimentary and worked well. The complimentary breakfast at the restaurant on the ground floor was good with a decent variety of of both Western and Chinese entrees. The onsite Bali-style spa is a great place for a relaxing massage. The on-site fitness room was very basic. But for the price paid, this was a great value.

What really impressed me was the extremely friendly, eager and ever smiling hotel staff. It is amazing how everyone of the hotel staff has a smile on their face as they attended to the hotel guests. Even the hostess at the breakfast lounge would walk back to the elevator with us and see us off with a smile. On my last day, when I was checking out and coming down the elevator with my luggage, there were couple of hotel staff trainees in the elevator with me, and they insisted on helping me with my luggage. Amazing service! I have never experienced anything like this in my travels in China.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank VineetD
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

The service in this hotel was really excellent. I travel alot outside my homebase of Beijing, and this is one of the best hotels in China I have come across. I had my usual problem with the bed being too hard, and they fixed it quickly and very well - with an excellent mattress topper. The bulter service 'rescued' me when I came back late and tired from a banquet where I didn't actually get to eat much due to toasting and having my photo taken (!) and revived me with two types of congee - for free! all this, AND you can open the windows! something which I miss in most hotels.
Next time I am down to Ningbo, I definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

the difference with the other hotels? this is really a Chinese style welcome and management; you feel you are in China, not in an international hotel. The rooms are nice, large, the breakfast is excellent; The butler service is impressive (I'm not used too). Price was also competitive compared to other hotels. I have to say also that Ningbo is a very nice city to visit, not far away from Shanghai.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
johnson l, EAM at Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank your for choosing our hotel and encouraging us by giving us so highly-appraised comments on our effort.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

What an outstanding experience. From the moment of checkin the service and attention was truly overwhelming. We could not have asked for more, including immaculate rooms, and even a little handwritten note from our housemaid welcoming us home and leaving extra supplies because she had noticed what we had used. Facilities are also outstanding. Friendly, accommodating, respectful, polite and outstanding willingness to be helpful.

Room Tip: The suites are outstanding value for money