Book In Advance

from US$ 139.00
from US$ 118.00
from US$ 2,250.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2018

My friend and I arrived by public bus from Urumqi. That meant we still needed to walk about 5km in the heat to arrive. The Marker is very much in the middle of nowhere, but it was quite interesting. A nice monument, but it would be much easier to arrive by car.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We took a taxi from urumqi and was charged 200yuan for 4 of us. The road is very good except when the driver lost his way, we ended up at the bumpy road at the nearby village. However, we enjoyed the scenery at the village as we can see the Centre of Asia gate and its marker. We paid the entrance fee of 5yuan each through our driver. There was nobody there except 2 workers sweeping the area, the ticket girl, the taxi driver and 4 of us. It was a very quick trip. You can feel that you are so proud to be at the place
It is a must visit if you are in Urumqi, because there is no other place on earth named as Centre of Asia!!

1  Thank Footprints409102
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Well if you are in the area you and/or have the time you might as well come to the Centre of Asia! We are at the beginning of a drive around Western Asia (Caucuses and the ‘stans) and figured why not touch the Centre of Asia?! There is not much else out here so come down the bumpy roads, see the sculptures and get your photo taken in the Geographic Centre of Asia, it’s a neat feeling to be there amid the vast lands.

1  Thank JGDynamo
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

There is nothing much there except the marker and two rows of sculptures and some art pieces. It's very windy as it's quite an empty and vast land surrounding the areas, so prepare for the cold wind, if you go in November like us. Just be there and imagined yourself standing at a point that is farthest away from the sea. It's amazing feeling.

1  Thank michelle_pang007
Reviewed 1 January 2016

Although disputed as being the true centre of Asia, if you're in the area and are able to make a quick trip to this attraction it would be worth it. There is not much there, the landscape is quite barren and you shouldn't expect much in terms of tourism services (especially in the winter months), but to say that you have stood at the centre of Asia is pretty awesome. There are markers surrounding the central piece representing every Asian country, and the whole layout / structure is impressive.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Truly amazing. I was rendered speechless. My life has been changed. Forever.

As I stood by this fine work of architecture, I could feel Asia pulsing through me. I could feel it all, from the snow leopards roaming free in the mountains of Afghanistan, to the aromas of cinnamon and star anise in the markets of Bengal, to the drug-dealing taxi drivers of South East Asian towns, to the members of a professional Georgian football team passing a ball around in their training session, under the false impression that they are Europeans and training hard in a bid to land Europa league qualification, which given their socio-economic status and their culture of locking women in cupboards, is a complete joke. All of these things have one thing in common, their connection to this flimsy wire structure. A structure I was standing by.

A tear came to me eye. I realised that myself and this grand continent were one.

8  Thank JamesCitizen
Reviewed 29 September 2014

We easily found a driver to take us by just asking people. Long, bumpy travel which already is interesting enough if you mostly only know the big city life. Great sceneries and an amazing feeling when you stand in the center of this continent, all alone, take crazy funny pictures and feel so far away from home, friends, civilization and realize that this is real! We're skeptical in the beginning but found it absolutely worth it! Who else of your friends has done that, huh?

3  Thank MakakaOnTheRun
Reviewed 4 September 2014 via mobile

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The scenic drive was under construction when we went there. Terrible road, so no visitors, so no amenities, so no maintenance. Only someone to collect ticket money.

Good for a post-apocalyptic photo shoot.

2  Thank UndercoverExpat
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This is the Centre Point of Asia Continent. However, my friend and I was the only visitor to the place on that day. There is no shop selling gifts. No food stall and no explanation regarding the place.

1  Thank Abdul Latif S