1,082 results
All reviews jing bar opposite house taikoo li guest experience team tea house swire group cupcakes stunning property beautiful design hong kong stylish hotel chinese architecture shopping area hotel bar guest services the general manager tea room
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

The Temple House is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at.

Location is great. The hotel entrance is a must-see beautifully renovated historic building. The rooms are large and modern. The bar has a great atmosphere and excellent drinks and food.

For us, above all the service: outstanding in every aspect.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kylie L, Director of Guest Experience at The Temple House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

Dear miguelycz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comment and feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a relaxing time at our Jing bar. Your valued feedback and kind words are greatly appreciated.

Should your travels bring you back to Chengdu, or any other location with Swire hotels, please do let us know so I can personally look after your arrangement.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Very welcoming members of staff. Janice took us around the room which was fresh and cosy. Rooms were well looked after from room service to turn down service.

Gym was well equipped.

Try the spa in its relaxing and historical settings.

The Jing Bar is well attended and has an excellent atmosphere.

Excellent location for shopping. Most attractions are 10-20 mins drive in taxis.

In this five star hotel, do not expect the chef to do anything special for you. At breakfast time, even the floor manageress was not helpful over a simple request for a hashbrown (only available on their lunch menu)

The chef did not have time that morning, may be to put me off, i was told that it would take more than 1 hour to get it done. Lest you will have to wait until what u want is on the menu at the next sitting.

I was offered that breakfast for free which i refused and demanded to sign the bill.
After having spoken to the GR, she did offer to remove the breakfast cost from my bill.

I do intend to go there again, hopefully things will have changed in the kitchen.

Very clean and modern property with plenty of historical tales to tell.

J

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear bolom888,

We greatly appreciate your kind words to Janice, she is indeed a true gem and we are glad to have them in Guest Experience Family. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience and sorry that the hashbrown was not available. we have updated this in the system and for sure we can prepare for you in advance on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Best service in 2.5 weeks in China, Staff could not have been more helpful and attentive. New, well appointed and great location. Suites/serviced apartments truly excellent. Staff were great in arranging taxis, maps, things to do, and tips such as visiting the pandas early. Excellent service from fluent English speaking (and western educated) staff. Truly cared for guests. Spa/pool also superb and bars inside the hotel grounds very cool. RIght next to high end shopping centre and restaurants - great location and faultless hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear NRH_LON,

What a delight to read that you had such a wonderful and memerable stay at our house. Your valued feedback and kind words are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Except the quasi unexistant breakfast (but many possibilities around), all was perfect; from the design and equipment of rooms to service and kindness of all staff. MOreover, the situation is very good and every detail is well thought. Don't miss the detour through the outstanding swimming pool...

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear jrl1959,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you felt comfortable. Your valued feedback and kind words are greatly appreciated. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that the breakfast that we serve was not to your preference. We will review and look for more options to serve in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

It was a wonderful surprise to find the Temple House in this part of China. Chengdu is a very exciting city, but the Temple House itself is worth the trip. They have the best pre-arrival service (pro-active!) which I ever experienced. The hotel itself is an architectural gem with great public spaces including a gallery and lovely spacious suites. Every night I found an unexpected gesture on my pillow, for example a facial mask. Their spa is really marvelous, built like an ancient temple. With 2 nights I didn't have enough time to experience all the opportunities the hotel offered. The hotel is situated in a very nice area with shops and restaurants all in walking distance. There's a local market just around the corner. But the element that most stood out was their excellent and personalized service. From walking me to a restaurant (thank you Charlie!) to arranging a city tour with the hotel car at one-hours' notice (for a very very decent price). Kylie, who is heading the guest experience team, is really doing an outstanding job. The one thing I was missing was fresh fruit in my room, and fresh fruit juices at breakfast (and not the artificial sugared ones). To be fair I didn't ask for it, otherwise it would probably have arrived in a moments' notice. Conclusion: Chengdu, and the area around the city are certainly with the trip, but I'm convinced that The Temple House will become a destination in itself if they keep up this level of service.

Dear CateauNL,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a lovely feedback on TripAdvisor.

We're delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and loved the design of the hotel as well as the service provided by team. It is always delighted to hear such a lovely feedback and it certainly a nice motivation to us.