All reviews separate seating area bar counter dressing area living room recommend this hotel two blocks shopping area large bathroom business trip comfortable bed would definitely stay here again chunxi road front desk staff choose this hotel hotel is great mini bar train tickets
Reviewed 9 April 2016

The hotel located in the heart of the city in Chengdu. With a great location - next to great restaurants, shopping etc. Very close to IFS, Taikoo Li, LKF. All within walking distance. The lobby areas and restaurant are very nicely decorated. Rooms are very cosy and clean, living room with a bar area, a big bathroom with a bathtub. Feel like home and can relax after a day from outside. The services from front desk is very good. Especially thank you Ms Sarah and her team. must stay in this hotel when go to Chengdu.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ShirazJVachha, Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear supernicholashk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on your recent stay with us, at Rhombus Park Aura we take a pride in our genuine and sincere service to make our guests feel at home away from home. We all read these comments and it is with reading and digesting travelers honest opinions we can move forward and keep improving.

We are happy to hear that the rooms and service are up to your expectations. We are also happy to hear that the Front Desk staff especially Sarah were helpful and I will be happy to pass these compliments onto the staff and to Sarah.

Please contact me directly on your next trip to Chengdu and Rhombus Park Aura, so that I can make all the necessary arrangements for you. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Chengdu and Rhombus Park Aura very soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

I've stayed at Rhombus a couple of times and both have been very comfortable stays. The rooms and bathrooms are very nice and the staff helpful. It's in a good part of town next to a newly developed shopping area with good restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ShirazJVachha, Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Dear Chess M

We are happy to hear that the rooms and service are up to your expectations. We are also happy to hear that the staff were helpful and I will be happy to pass these compliments onto the staff.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

This is a great hotel to stay at in Chengdu the rooms are wonderfully comfortable and nothing is too much for the attentive staff from check in to check out.
Room service was wonderful - I asked for a vegetarian pasta that was not on the menu and the room service staff were amazing and went above and beyond.
Great location close to Tai Koo Li shopping area.
I would opt for the hotels car service to and from airport and if you have time they will arrange a car to visit the Pandas.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ShirazJVachha, Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Dear danc673,

I was particularly happy to hear that when you ordered the vegetarian pasta we were able to meet your expectations. I will pass your kind compliments on to all our staff especially the F&B department.

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting pandas n temples in the area surrounding Chengdu.
This is a very nice hotel that suffers just a few little issues.
The service is incredible and the room is nicely appointed. Mostly the rooms are clean and while not truly a suite it does have seating area n small bar ( with espresso machine) area separated by a grid slat wall from bed. 2 lg flat screens but only 6' apart.
Ok, at issue with this hotel, carpets in our room were mostly clean but with some stained spots.
The major issues was inability to control the room temperature. Even though there r individual digital electronic controls our rooms we just too hot for a good nights sleep.
Our room was tolerable but our travel companions were very uncomfortable. We met with the engineering staff but their solutions were not adequate.
The hotel general manager met with us and offered more solutions including a room change for our fellow travelers. Unfortunately e solutions came late evening of our last evening.
FOr this reason alone I rated the hotel very good instead of Excellent.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ShirazJVachha, Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Dear John J,

Thank you for letting us know about the stains in the carpet and I will bring this up with the Housekeeping Department to make sure that all the carpets in the guests rooms are spotless. With regards to controlling the room temperature, I have discussed this with the Engineering department and we are look at ways to fix this problem.

It is suggestions like these at help us improve our services to our clients, for which I thank you.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

I spent one night in this hotel. The hotel is nice - had a very nice room. The only negative things I could say was about the breakfast:
Perhaps because I had a flight to catch in the afternoon, I was not in a rush and went for breakfast at 09.30. Unfortunately, there were a lot of empty dishes at the buffet which were no longer filled.
I also said this hotel is not good for families - the reason being if I go to a hotel with a family (with children) I would want to have at least a swimming pool. There is a pool, however it is outdoors which means it is not available half the year (like when I was there).

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ShirazJVachha, Manager at Rhombus Park Aura Chengdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear Alan D,

Thank you for your comments about the breakfast and I will talk to my F & B team to keep replenishing the empty items more frequently. Regarding the pool, unfortunately, the weather in Chengdu during the winter is quite cold, so that is why we close the pool during the winter. However, I have taken note of your comments, to see what we can do in the future.