“Luxury suites, excellent service”

Fraser Suites Chengdu
Ranked #10 of 2,713 Hotels in Chengdu
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We traveled to chengdu on the way to India.

The service was absolutely excellent, something we have consistently experienced in China. The suites were very well appointed, and my 10 yr old son, who likes his luxury, loved the place. It was a 1 bed apartment, with a well appointed kitchen, which was very helpful since we had a six month old baby.
The hotel had shuttles to various important city landmarks.

We also enjoyed the use of the excellent swimming pool and sauna.

All in all, a delightful experience.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vishalbhaskaran
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear vishalbhaskaran,

Thank you so much for your delightful comments. We are especially glad that your son enjoyed his stay as well. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Danny Lingham

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Fraser Suites Chengdu

Reviewed 3 July 2012

This hotel is located in a nice part of the city, within walking distance to the Tianfu square. Top notch designer shops are nearby. Taxi takes about 45 RMB from the airport, but you need to have the directions in Chinese, otherwise drivers won't understand you. I emailed the hotel in advance and they kindly sent me a printable map of the hotel in Chinese.

My check-in experience was flawless, staff have a very good command of English. They helped me find a particular shopping item too. My room was big enough, I think even US customers would find it spacious. It had a lot of nice amenities and sleep quality was very good. Breakfast was satisfactory. There is a massage room but it only consists of 6 or 8 massage chairs, no staff for that. So, if you want a human massage experience, you might wanna walk to massage services (I recommend services by "blindman") which reside west to the Tianfu square.

On the other hand, I had a severe problem in the first night. Smoke came out of nowhere and filled up the ceiling. It was not smoke of a tobacco product but I guess a neighbor was cooking and its smoke reached my room. I first thought it would be temporary but after I tried to eliminate it by opening windows, turning on a/c and oven vacuum, I figured it was unhealthy to stay. I called the room service and two guys rushed in two minutes. They said they would call the engineer and he will solve the problem. The engineer did not show up and after ten minutes, I called the room service again and asked them to change my room. Again, one lady and one guy quickly came with a card to another room. Yes, I faced with an unpleasant situation but they solved it quick enough.

I recommend this hotel to other TripAdvisor travelers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank blckeagle

Dear blckeagle,

We appreciate your wonderful comments and have passed on your praise to our staff at front desk. We regret that your room experience was not as expected the first night and also thankful that we have managed resolve the situation in a timely manner so as not to affect your entire stay experience. Thank you so much for your patience and kind understanding. We have since rectified the issue and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Our family of 6 stay in a 2 bedroom unit for 6 nights at the end of June. We liked contemporary deco and top of the line fixtures. It was much more spacious than 2 hotel rooms. No charge for my 6 & 8 year olds' stay and breakfast. 24 hours swimming pool and sauna room were a plus. Free garage parking too. A little disapointed that there was no whirl pool(a dipping pool only) in sauna room though. Thanks to all friendly staffs, we really enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kevinzhikangchen

Dear kevinzhikangchen,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to have given your family a wonderful experience here at Fraser Suites Chengdu. All Frasers around the world are kid's friendly with kids's playroom equipped with a gaming modules as well. We apologise for not having a whirlpool in the sauna but have taken note of your comment. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Absolutely loved Fraser Suites! This is a 5 * plus serviced apartment. Luxury everywhere, except the bill. The place opened officially in november 2011, (the grand opening flags were still hanging in the posts in the street). Better than a hotel, you can do your own laundry, or heat or cook your meals if not in "restaurant mode".
Carrefour and plenty of eateries, cafés and a huge mall is just cross the street. Every room is HUGE, luxuriously appointed, staff is great (in China, this is a big issue!). One day I asked for the post office info, and the receptionist helped calling a "courier service", which show up in 3 minutes, and in just 1 more minute my package was dispatched. Saved me at least 2 hours of my valuable finding and queing in a post office.
Our room was a 2 bed 2 bath, the beds were so good! (China beds are usually hard), AC works great. Bathrooms are all marble. great showers, 2 sinks in master bath. Kitchen is complete with all the appliances, (the appliances manual are all in a folder). Cutlery, and everything you may need for cooking a complicated meal.
Warning: The Chinese name of Fraser Suites is 仁恒辉盛阁国际公寓. No taxi driver seems to know it, and the front door is on a less known alley, just tell your taxi driver to take you to Jingxin Rd and Da Ye Lu, (Both are well known avenues). Fraser Suites is just 10 meters from that corner.
This is truly a world class property with fantastic fares! I guess the rates are so good because they are brand new, take advantage of that, it will not last long...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Victoria Y

Dear Victoria Y,

We really enjoyed reading your review and laughed when you said "restaurant mode" never looked at it that way. You are right to mention that it is difficult to get taxis to the location. We have since placed our Chinese name on top of the building as well and it has helped. Over time, most taxi drivers now know of Fraser Suites Chengdu, and are able to bring our guests home right at the doorsteps. Once again, thank you for your wonderful, enjoyable and insightful comments. We hope to welcome you home again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just returned from a 30 day trip in China. Fraser Suites Chengdu has been, by far, the best hotel experience of the whole trip.
Booked 3 nights throught their website, got better rates than Agoda and Booking.com.
We had our Jiuzhaigou-Chengdu flight (Hainan Airlines) scheduled to depart at 5 pm. Delayed with no further explanations until 5 hours later, our flight was finally cancelled. The whole plane´s passengers were taken to the worst hotel I have ever seen in my life, carried our luggage 4 floors climbing stairs (no elevators, no heating, freezeng cold). I sat on a filthy bed, and called Fraser Suites telling them I was not going to show up and use the hotel that night. The receptionist told me that my reservation rate did not allow "no show" cancelations, which is perfectly reasonable, and asked if I wanted to keep the rest of my reservation, (I did want to). 3 minutes later, my mobile phone rang, it was her again, she said I just spoke to the manager, and told him your case, and our manager just cancelled your reservation for today (!!!), but if you do not show up tomorrow, he will not be able to help you.
I was so touched that almost cried!!! It is not just the money... I was still shocked within an awful situation, and such nice behavior changed my mood, it was heartwarming.
Next day negotiated a taxi, and finally got to Chengdu.
The apartment is HUGE, brand new, every detail is impeccable, everyone is eager to please,
we stayed in a 2-2, 36th floor. The kitchen was amazing! (check my photos), fantastic beds, hube marble bathrooms with "rain" showers... everythings exceeded our expectations.
Breakfast very good and healthly, lots of fresh fruits and steamed veggies (instead of stir-fried), ample choice of western and chinese delicacies.
Fraser Suites Chengdu, you are the best of China!!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Chi L

Dear Yiyi,

We are so happy that we made your day. Flight delays can be a bummer and more so in a foreign country. Spending 30 days in China must have been an eye-opener. I am sure your found it both amazingly beautiful and wonderfully exciting. Should your travels do take you to this part of the world again, we do hope you stop by at Fraser Suites Chengdu.