All reviews convention center walking distance check in process software park breakfast buffet close to the airport nice stay taxi china
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I spent 6 days in March. Here are the highlights:
- The hotel is very near the convention center and the Software park, close to the airport (between $45 and 70 RMB by taxi using the counter, 80 if not) but far away from the city center (about 40 RMB by Taxi). Metro station 'Century City, Exit A' is about 1 KM away, across the highway by pedestrian overpass. I was told a new exit closer to the hotel will be ready end 2018. Metro to Chendu Center is 5 RMB. Note that the Hotel is in a 'toll zone' with restricted access, and that taxis are not as common as in front of other hotels.
- The breakfast buffet was a bargain at $4 extra for 2. I liked the chinese food spread e.g. spicy noodle and dumplings freshly made in front of you, the porridge with pickles assortment and all the steamed buns. For early travelers, there is instant coffee in the room and a 24-hours 7-11 round the corner 200 M towards the Metro.
- Chengdu temperature was high e.g. 75 Farenheit; unfortunately, the AC was not working. My 1st room was in full sun and became very hot. I did not care for the 1st 2 nights because of jet-lag, then got a loaner dry ice fan, then switch to a more bearable room 'in the shadows' for the last 2 nights.
- The Hotel was the best in town in the 80's, but need some refurbishing as compared to nearby newcomers such as the Fremont

Room Tip: See above comments
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jemry Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear frog888:
Thank you for choosing us as on your business trip and sharing your experience with us on this channel. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. As you memtioned, we will take measures to deal with the room temperature problem to make guest feel more comfortabel. And also the age of the hotel, it's above 10 years, the management team has thought about it as you did, and I believe they will take action to make the refurbishment come ture in the future, let's wait and see! We really hope you will visit us again and wish you a nice day.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

First of all, the service was great! All the staffs encountered were professional and polite. They try to help to the best as they can.
But great staffs cannot save the old building and bad design.
Have you been to the old building with bad drainage so you can smell the sewage? Yes, it's like that. The room I first checked in was bad, so I requested the change. The staffs were helpful and found me a new room in the same floor but in a different direction. Unfortunately, it didn't help. The smell was worse. I had to use the wet towels to try to block the drainage and to close the bathroom to minimize the smell. It comes and goes -- mostly ok in the daytime; but just image you come back to you hotel room after a long day work and "enjoy" the smell from the toilet...
Besides that, the age of the facility is simply visible. Worn about switch, crack on the sink. It's clean (if you don't mind the smell) but you won't feel comfortable.
Given all the options in the area with reasonable prices, I won't not recommend this hotel in this case.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven Y
Jemry Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear valued guest Steven Y,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We booked a club room with access to the lounge. The service we have received in the lounge has been first class
On our first visit we were warmly welcomed with a smile and Kaimi, Luck Li, Lucy Lu and July could not have been more helpful.
July was excellent in helping to plan our visit itinerary, advising us on places to visit and providing suggestions for a daily schedule, she even went that extra mile talking to our niece in Hong Kong to organise our day

Kaimi and Lucky Li have been invaluable, ensuring that we have received excellent service throughout our stay

My friend celebrated his 60th birthday during our visit to China and was absolutely delighted when the hotel surprised us with a birthday cake to mark the occasion.

Kaimi , Lucky Li and Lucy Lu presented the cake and enthusiastically sang Happy Birthday , even presenting a box of Godiva chocolates to celebrate

We have really been spoilt by their generosity of spirit

The team have really provided a very special professional first class service, warm and friendly with a perfect smile

Holiday Inn should be very proud as they have excellent staff

We have really enjoyed our business lounge experience made extra special by Kaimi, Lucky Li, Lucy Lu and July

Service with a smile and absolutely perfect experience which we will always fondly remember

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Jemry Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we will pass your praise to the staff who you mentioned in your comment. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

So this time I am in „panda city“ Chengdu hosting a workshop for a Tier1 Automotive Supplier..

Check in process and room were ok. What surprised me however was lack of English the staff spoke.

Anyhow, it all worked out somehow.

Breakfast was good.. however the tables weren’t the cleanest.

My room had a big walk in shower yet the bathroom itself was kinda small.
The bed was great and I had a choice of pillows (firm/soft)

The seminar room was a 10min to the continental complex. Room was great and spacious and staff was very attentive.

So overall a good stay but would of been better if staff were better trained in English. Would of saved me a lot of time and energy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jemry Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay, which we have shared with our management team. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with good quality facilities and a comfortable and welcoming ambiance, as well as excellent service. As such, we have taken your comments to heart, as we plan for the future.
Thank you again for suggestion. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Linda Bai

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

The buffet was ok(if you're ok with Chinese food..) and the room was clean enough when I entered. However, I had a very bad experience on the 3rd day of my stay here in Holiday Inn. I was resting for work then there was a extremely LOUD evacuation command that there's a fire in this building. I went all the way to downstairs from the 16th floor by using steps and ran very quickly. When I reached the ground floor, there was a reception lady smiling to me and said "why are you in a hurry? and why are you wearing slippers?" I replied, "Excuse me? Where's fire?" She said "no no, there was a test. You didn't receive a memo?" First of all, they don't apologize for this mistake. Secondly, no one speaks English except only one duty manager at this time and there's no way we can communicate. At last, they disturb my sleep before my work and I couldn't have a proper sleep because of this. I thought everything was fine until the second night, but only one mistake and their bad customer services changed my mind. I'm really disappointed at this place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Jemry Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Guest,
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City-West Tower.
Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our members.
We hope to see you back in your next stay and you will have a new impression with us.
Felicity Qiu