All reviews convention center swan lake walking distance check in process software park breakfast buffet convenience store close to the airport nice stay china gym taxis
Reviewed 21 November 2016

A three-night stay as part of an organised group business event in Chengdu. The hotel is large, centrally located, adjacent to an exhibition venue, and adjoins another hotel internally giving access to spacious event / meeting halls and rooms. The Sun did not break through the all pervasive "fog" during my stay but this didn't matter as I was fully occupied with meetings inside the hotel complex.
The hotel is 10 ten years old and is undergoing a rolling upgrade. My room was spacious, well equipped, but a little "tired." A few minor problems caused me to call housekeeping which resulted in staff appearing promptly to resolve the issues. I was very impressed by the staff who came to the room: courteous, friendly and determined.
The common areas of the hotel are open and spacious and I liked the main restaurant which provided a wide range of well cooked and presented Western and Chinese-style food at multiple service points.
On the morning of my departure a meeting overran and packing and check-out was rushed so as to reach the airport in time. In my haste some important personal items were left in my room and I informed the General Manager of the Holiday Inn as soon as I reached my next hotel in Qingdao. It was a pleasure and relief to have a response saying that the items had been found and kept by housekeeping, had been packed up and were in transit already to my new hotel by express courier. The two hotels had been in contact and at check-out in Qingdao they enquired politely if I had packed all of my belongings!
In my busy travels I rate the professionalism of hotel staff and the level of service they provide very highly. I am very grateful to the management and staff at the Holiday Inn Chengdu for making my stay enjoyable and for solving my self-created problems. I will return to the Hotel in December when next in Chengdu.

Room tip: There is a rolling refurbishment in progress.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jemry Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Guest,
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City-West Tower.
Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our members.
We hope to see you back in your next stay and you will have a new impression with us.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Stayed there for a couple of days in October with my wife, but on business. We arrived late at night and walked down a gloomy corridor - dim, dim lighting making it difficult to find the room number.

The room? dim, slightly damp with a carpet which felt like it hadn't been cleaned in years (you know, when you don't feel comfortable in bare feet?) and the bed poor. No maps available to find the metro, and the food (noodle bar) was poor.

Good points? I guess the location is the only one if it is close to where you need to be, but I stayed a week earlier in another Holiday Inn at High Tech Center - I misread the location and it was a one-hour metro commute, and I'd rather stay there and travel than put up with this one again.

Room tip: Avoid - there are no good rooms
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jemry Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to express my sincere appreciation to your valued comments, drawing our attention to our certain services and facilities defects. Absolutely, we do apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced during your stay. Guest comments like yours are most helpful for our service refinement. Meanwhile, please also be kindly informed that our guestroom renovation has been conducting floor by floor in order to further upgrade our facilities, and I would greatly appreciate if you would be so kind to email me (jin.jin@ihg.com) or contact me by phone (+86-28-85348888-2777).

Thank you once again for rendering us advices and for letting us to improve. My team and I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Jin Jin

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located if you intend to go to the Fair just opposite the Hotel.
The hotel facilities are good, rooms spacious and clean, good choice of restaurants within the property... However there is one remarkable and disappointing note : almost nobody understands and speaks basic English! It's a struggle to get info, to order meal, to ask for info.. In an hotel like this I think this is unacceptable!!!
The management should really look into this matter.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jemry Z, Distribution & Relationship Marketing Team at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Dodi1972,

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Very good location for business. Staff in all departments super efficient and very friendly. Hotel very clean and comfortable overall with good ambient feel. Wide selection for breakfast. Check inn and out easy and Hassel free. Easy access to airport.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jemry Z, Distribution & Relationship Marketing Team at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Dear Imraan A,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stayed with us at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City-West Tower. Indeed, your comments have a very positive impact on the team. Moreover, it is great to know that we were able to meet your expectation of our excellent service. We certainly look forward to having you return when your next visit to Chengdu.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

The hotel is not far from the airport (about 15 min by taxi), but a bit too far from downtown Chengdu. Not much to do or see around the hotel.

Room was big, same goes for the bathroom, Clean room and very comfy bed. Staff was very friendly and helpful, though not many spoke much english.

Great breakfast, a lot to choose from. Also very satisfied with with room-service, the brazilian restaurant and the chinese.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jemry Z, Distribution & Relationship Marketing Team at Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City- West Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dear Nina B,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Chengdu Century City-West Tower and taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are more than delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying with us.
Your satisfaction is the best compliments for us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.