See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I have contacted Ibis hotels about the issues I experienced there, and they have not contacted me since, therefore I will just share my experience on here to warn others before going.

During my stay a thunderstorm knockout the power of the hotel, resulting in the elevators, shower, toilets and lights of the hotel not working. To make matter worse, the back up generator only lasted a few hours so the hotel was also left without emergency lighting and fire exit signs.

The hotel bedrooms starts on the 14th floor (as it is above a KTV bar) so without the use of elevators, I was made to walk down 19 flights of stairs in order to get to reception to find out what was happening. The walk down these stairs was done by phone torch as there was no working lights in the stairwell.

Reception provided no help with the situation and we were told that they did not know when the power would be returned. No alternative accommodation was offered and after waiting another day for the power to return, I was forced to carry my suitcase down 19 flights of stairs IN THE DARK and book another room in a different hotel.

I recently wrote an email to Ibis complaints, sharing my experience and hoping for some kind of compensation (as none was offered) or at least an apology, but it has been over a week and I haven't heard anything.

This experience has ruined the reputation of the company for me.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Location is very good, No one at hotel spoke English nor they replied to any of mails I sent them for directions to reach the hotel , wrote many mails for address written in Chinese, but no reply.
Clean hotel

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Very neat and cosy away from home in the twin room. Good views of the skyscrapers from the 17th floor. Something different. In close proximity to dining spots in south Chengdu and close to the city centre.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Shingi N
Reviewed 16 December 2015

This hotel is very much alike the ibis in Xi'an, except the internet was worse. However it is a nice, clean stay. Views were nice and the hotel lobby was also good, with a small shop come bar. The location is excellent, it is close by to a big mall with many designer brands including Z Zegna, Corneliani, Coach, Longines and many others, as well as a big supermarket and a big KFC, perfect for a late night outing. The shower was bad because shower flood was same level as bathroom floor so water escaped… my only negative, recommended on the whole.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I stayed 2 days ,single room .IT was very simple & suitable ,clean & sunny I opened the window because I did not like the air condition, The room equipped with 2 bottles of water & tea every day .the price 90 $ for 2 days,I did not have breakfast. The staff member spoke little English ,cheerful ,helpful ,I moved with Taxi .Thanks for all staff members.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends