• Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Ailai Hotel(Datong)
Ao'xin Hotel(Datong)
Agoda.com
All reviewschinese restauranthanging monasteryexcellent hotelold cityprivate taxii highly recommend this hotelvery comfortable roomno extra chargewooden pagodabusiness centerfoot massagebreakfast was excellentchina tripcentral locationwestern stylefour starhotel service
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This is a really a great choice in this city. Again, we were recommended it by our Chinese travel agency and I think this is one of the best hotel in town. Rooms are at specials and very clean, breakfast is absolutely excellent. For Italians it is even special because you can get a wonderful espresso coffee with no extra charge. Rooms are very clean and people at reception are very nice. There is also a nice spa on the basement where you can have a wonderful foot massage at a reasonable price. Definitely the best choice in this area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hello,
First,thank you so much making a comment on our hotel by your time.
We are very happy provide comfortable room for you and we are very glad that you like our hotel.
It's our pleasure to help you and it's our responsibilities too.
We hope you could recommend your friends and family to our hotel.
Thank you very much again.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Our experience was very good. A large room on the 6th floor; solid Chinese furniture, large comfortable bed and seating area. Fruit on arrival, fresh water daily and inexpensive drinks in the minibar. Bathroom even has a heated toilet seat which, after so many standy ups, need I say more; tons of toiletries, slippers and dressing gowns. Breakfast is 'extensive'! After careful study of Chinese guests for form, I found the noodle soup, buns and pickles great. Lots of Western style alternatives including an egg station, and great coffee.
Staff at reception and in the restaurant couldn't be more helpful. Recommended.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Hello,
First,thank you so much making a comment on our hotel by your time.
It's our pleasure to help you and it's our responsibilities too.
We hope you could recommend your friends and family to our hotel.
Thank you very much again.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

simple hotel quite near the city centre. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The hotel restaurant has a typical Chinese menu and the breakfast is poor. great bar which is open until 2 at night and massage: the foot massage is exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hello,
Thank you very much making a comment on our hotel by your time.
We are very glad that you gave some praise to our hotel, and it's our pleasure to serve you, about our hotel breakfast, almost all the foreign guests gave us high priaise, and our breakfast is very good and special in Datong. Of course, we'll make some modifications base on your advice, we hope that you'll be satisfy when you come here next time,.
Best wishes!
Garden Hotel

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed here in May as independent travellers. The hotel was excellent. It is located in the centre of the old town within walking distance of the old city walls and temples. Our room was very comfortable, large and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was a surprise, great buffet of western and Chinese food. But the highlight was the staff, very polite, courteous, helpful, great English and so very pleasant. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up even if it means paying more
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hello,
Thank you very much making a comment on our hotel by your time.
We are so happy you like our hotel.
It's our pleasure to provide considerate service for you.
Thank you so much again.
Welcome you come our hotel next time.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This will probably read as an unfair review. Perhaps it is - I don't know.

First the easy stuff: Room excellent. Only thing I'd change would be size of rubbish bin which is too small.
Breakfast: very good. Enjoyable. Reception staff: very good. A good number of staff have skills in English also.

Less easy bit... I was super excited when I saw the piano in the restaurant. And for the 13 seconds I played it - its "workable" as far as pianos go. As a full time musician who'd been away from any instruments for 4 weeks I was excited. I popped down mid afternoon& asked to play -- response was No, some guests sleep in the afternoon... BUT, they said I was welcome to play at 6pm as they reopened... Fair enough. Fast forward to 6pm I brought the family down - thinking we'd order a meal & play piano while they prepare... a very young cleaner came and shut me down after 13 seconds-- and had no interest in fact I had gained permission earlier. I realise this would not normally factor in a hotel review, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect enjoyment of the hotel overall.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your choosing the Garden Hotel and making a high comments for us!
It' s hornor and responsiblities to serve for you. We are very glad that you enjoyed
wonderful stay our hotel. Look forward to providing the better serivces for you next time.
We hope you can recommend our hotel to your friend or relatives.
Wish your life will be happy!
Garden Hotel