Bravo Youth Hostel(Datong)(Great Value!)
US$ 27
Aitejia Express Hotel(Datong)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
  • Restaurant
Ao'xin Hotel(Datong)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewschinese restauranthanging monasteryexcellent hotelold cityprivate taxii highly recommend this hotelcomfortable bedsno extra chargeroom was spotlesswooden pagodafoot massagebreakfast was excellentchina tripcentral locationwestern stylefour starhotel service
Reviewed 27 August 2017

simple hotel quite near the city centre. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The hotel restaurant has a typical Chinese menu and the breakfast is poor. great bar which is open until 2 at night and massage: the foot massage is exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hello,
Thank you very much making a comment on our hotel by your time.
We are very glad that you gave some praise to our hotel, and it's our pleasure to serve you, about our hotel breakfast, almost all the foreign guests gave us high priaise, and our breakfast is very good and special in Datong. Of course, we'll make some modifications base on your advice, we hope that you'll be satisfy when you come here next time,.
Best wishes!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed here in May as independent travellers. The hotel was excellent. It is located in the centre of the old town within walking distance of the old city walls and temples. Our room was very comfortable, large and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was a surprise, great buffet of western and Chinese food. But the highlight was the staff, very polite, courteous, helpful, great English and so very pleasant. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up even if it means paying more
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hello,
Thank you very much making a comment on our hotel by your time.
We are so happy you like our hotel.
It's our pleasure to provide considerate service for you.
Thank you so much again.
Welcome you come our hotel next time.

Garden hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This will probably read as an unfair review. Perhaps it is - I don't know.

First the easy stuff: Room excellent. Only thing I'd change would be size of rubbish bin which is too small.
Breakfast: very good. Enjoyable. Reception staff: very good. A good number of staff have skills in English also.

Less easy bit... I was super excited when I saw the piano in the restaurant. And for the 13 seconds I played it - its "workable" as far as pianos go. As a full time musician who'd been away from any instruments for 4 weeks I was excited. I popped down mid afternoon& asked to play -- response was No, some guests sleep in the afternoon... BUT, they said I was welcome to play at 6pm as they reopened... Fair enough. Fast forward to 6pm I brought the family down - thinking we'd order a meal & play piano while they prepare... a very young cleaner came and shut me down after 13 seconds-- and had no interest in fact I had gained permission earlier. I realise this would not normally factor in a hotel review, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect enjoyment of the hotel overall.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your choosing the Garden Hotel and making a high comments for us!
It' s hornor and responsiblities to serve for you. We are very glad that you enjoyed
wonderful stay our hotel. Look forward to providing the better serivces for you next time.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I've spent three days at the Garden Hotel. The location is just perfect, so close to downtown and clean. The room was so confortable and fully equipped. The staff was so kind and always available to satisfy my requests. I didn't have any issues with communication at the front desk. The breakfast simply amazing, you have both Chinese and Continental one.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

A fantastic hotel with excellent staff.
Room 235 was spotless with all the amenities one would hope for. Comfortable beds and pillows ensured a great night sleep, and the bed turn down service included a bowl of fruit and chocolate which was a welcome surprise. Food in the restaurant at lunch was of excellent quality and presentation and wait staff provided wonderful friendly service. Breakfast consisted of a wonderful variety of fresh and cooked food to suit all tastes. Staff on duty were friendly and happy to assist. Coffees were specially prepared by trained staff using a professional coffee machine. Great espressos and cappuccinos were nicely presented in tasteful crockery. All this contributed to a short but wonderful stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple