All reviewschinese restauranthanging monasteryexcellent hotelold cityprivate taxii highly recommend this hotelgreat coffeevery comfortable roomno extra chargethe usual amenitieswooden pagodabusiness centerfoot massagebreakfast was excellentstaff were excellentchina tripcentral location
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This will probably read as an unfair review. Perhaps it is - I don't know.

First the easy stuff: Room excellent. Only thing I'd change would be size of rubbish bin which is too small.
Breakfast: very good. Enjoyable. Reception staff: very good. A good number of staff have skills in English also.

Less easy bit... I was super excited when I saw the piano in the restaurant. And for the 13 seconds I played it - its "workable" as far as pianos go. As a full time musician who'd been away from any instruments for 4 weeks I was excited. I popped down mid afternoon& asked to play -- response was No, some guests sleep in the afternoon... BUT, they said I was welcome to play at 6pm as they reopened... Fair enough. Fast forward to 6pm I brought the family down - thinking we'd order a meal & play piano while they prepare... a very young cleaner came and shut me down after 13 seconds-- and had no interest in fact I had gained permission earlier. I realise this would not normally factor in a hotel review, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect enjoyment of the hotel overall.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your choosing the Garden Hotel and making a high comments for us!
It' s hornor and responsiblities to serve for you. We are very glad that you enjoyed
wonderful stay our hotel. Look forward to providing the better serivces for you next time.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I've spent three days at the Garden Hotel. The location is just perfect, so close to downtown and clean. The room was so confortable and fully equipped. The staff was so kind and always available to satisfy my requests. I didn't have any issues with communication at the front desk. The breakfast simply amazing, you have both Chinese and Continental one.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

A fantastic hotel with excellent staff.
Room 235 was spotless with all the amenities one would hope for. Comfortable beds and pillows ensured a great night sleep, and the bed turn down service included a bowl of fruit and chocolate which was a welcome surprise. Food in the restaurant at lunch was of excellent quality and presentation and wait staff provided wonderful friendly service. Breakfast consisted of a wonderful variety of fresh and cooked food to suit all tastes. Staff on duty were friendly and happy to assist. Coffees were specially prepared by trained staff using a professional coffee machine. Great espressos and cappuccinos were nicely presented in tasteful crockery. All this contributed to a short but wonderful stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We stayed one night. Some reviews mention it being noisy due to the open style of the hotel. We were pleased to note it was clean and quiet, even though we were near the elevators. We did notice the hallways smelled fairly heavily of smoke, despite the floor being designated non-smoking. We did not have any issues with communication at the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing the Garden Hotel and making so high comments.
Now our hotel have becamed no-smokiing hotel in Datong, and our is the first.
You can recommend us to your friends and relatives.
If have a chance, welcome to our hotel again!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We had a long family week-end in Datong and loved our stay at the Garden Hotel. Very friendly personnel, excellent restaurant and good breakfast. Nice big and quiet room, excellent value for the money! Location is the best, can walk to many of Datong's best restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
gardenhotel163, 销售总监 at Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing the Garden Hotel and making high comments for us.
At the same time, thank you for sharing your feeling or experience when you saty in our hotel with other travellers .
It's our honor and responsibilites to serve for you. We hope you can recommend our
hotel to your friend or relatives arounding.