US$ 62
  • Restaurant
Aitejia Express Hotel(Datong)(Great Value!)
US$ 42
US$ 41
US$ 46
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 57/night.

Ailai Hotel(Datong)
Ao'xin Hotel(Datong)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewschinese foodamenities neededbig hotelhuge buffetrooms are bigstay there againnice hotellobbychina
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Thus us a lot nicer than I remember HoJos of the past in the US. It is not the Ritz but for Datong it seems like one. The room was very clean, well lit, and comfortable. The bell people were highly agreeable and the breakfast was good. We had good WiFi in our room but this is always a crap shoot in a big hotel. If I ever have to go to Datong again I will stay at HoJos!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2016

We were with a group of 64 tour members in two tour buses. We timed the arrivals to be 15 minutes apart but the hotel bellmen (8 to 10 of them) had the bags of the first bus in the tour members rooms just in time for the second bus to arrive. Not a single bag misplaced! The efficient service is mind-boggling!
We had lunch and buffet dinner at the hotel. Both were marvelous and the staff's attentiveness is just out of this world.
We would definitely come back again to this property.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have view of city.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2016

Howard Johnson is a beautiful hotel. The room was attractive and spacious with all amenities. The bathroom was really nice. Great shower.
I found the wifi worked well in my room. In fact this was the only hotel I stayed in in Shanxi province where I could get wifi reception on my tablet.

The only meal I had in the hotel was breakfast which was extensive.

The location of the hotel in town was convenient.

I would stay here again if visiting Datong.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2016

It is Howard Johnson and it offers what is expected from Howard Johnson.
We had no wifi in room but someone came to install a plug which gives very good wifi in room. So, I guess it is upon request or depends on the package purchased. The rooms are adequate and we ate breakfast and dinner in their buffet restaurant. They do have egg section where you can get an omelette ( with regular choice of onions, tomatoes, mushrooms etc) or fried eggs. Everything is as expected with no surprises for Howard Johnson. The shower sprays all over like and water runs out of shower like in most Chinese hotels. Service is acceptable overall with a few staff quite eager to please.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Hotel is clean and rooms are relatively spacious. Wifi at lobby lounge is much stronger than the one in room. There's supposedly a good restaurant around the corner of the hotel which we did not visit. Breakfast buffet was reasonably good. Strangely the lobby lounge did not serve local beer! Staff service was generally good.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family