See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We've been here for 2 nights. Our room was in the basement and described as "no window" room. Actually we had a little window to the street. The room was big and clean. Also the Bathroom absolutely clean. The whole Hotel makes a very good impression. Breakfast for Western people is ok but also could be bit better. For Chinese I'm sure the buffet is very good. Love to stay here again next time

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2017

I stayed in this hotel while I travelled to Qingdao on Dec 20. I booked the hotel with normal price and I discovered that there is a good offer by the hotel. I worried that the price is only available for local Chinese. After checking with the front desk that they can help me to reserve with this price. It is amazing. RMB101 per night to stay in such a star-rated hotel which is so convenient in term of location to access to the railway station and tourist place.

In addition, Qingdao was raining and I borrowed the umbrella from the hotel. It was so happened that the wind was too strong to destroy the umbrella. After discussing with the hotel manager, she agreed that this is an accident and I don't need to pay for the compensation for the umbrella. Heartful thanks to the hotel staff and management for the consideration.

It was a hotel built on historical building. It was also a hotel built by the Germans in the early of 20th century. The deal is so attractive for me to stay.

Room Tip: Any room is fine
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2015

We stayed here for a short Christmas break in Qingdao. Not knowing the town, we had no idea where to stay but my husband thought that if we were by the sea, we couldn't go wrong. This hotel was great for our stay. It's close to the railway station and the airport bus stop, so easy to find on arrival. We had a great room on the second floor with a seaview - just across the road. The room was big, bright and well equipped. The staff in the hotel were also great, ready to help with any questions. Breakfast isn't really adapted for Westerners but it was included in the price and was adequate. There is a fitness room but it wasn't open in the mornings, the time when we could have used it. We walked all day every day during our stay so we didn't really need to use the fitness room. This is an old hotel with some history. The rooms and internal décor isn't like modern corporate hotels but that makes it much nicer. It's lovely to find a treasure like this instead of yet another bland grey hotel room. There are cheap rooms and more expensive rooms. Our room was more expensive and was worth it. We loved it here and we'd love to return.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2015

This is a very nice hotel on the waterfront in Qingdao. My family had 2 rooms and we enjoyed our stay. The hotel breakfast was very nice and varied. I would stay here again if I visit Qingdao. It is close to the train station and many other downtown attractions.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank uncle_albert5
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Room was fine, nothing spectacular but comfortable enough, and location really can't be beaten - on the seafront right by the pier that's on the beer label and a short walk to the old town with the great food markets etc. Also quite nice to be staying in one of the historic buildlings, unlike the other hotels on the front which are modern constructions. The model ship on the landing was a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo