All reviews great hotel free wifi modern amenities sales manager stayed two nights very pleasant stay room service business china bathtub minibar concierge
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Spent a week at the hotel, the rooms are very comfortable and inviting, the restaurant is was pleasant, the food enjoyable, the staff where helpful. only issue I had was the language barrier, sometimes communication was difficult. overall it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The Higher up you go, the better the view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your recent trip review. I am particularly happy to read that you are satisfied with our facilities and our team members’ service for you. We will organize more English training to our team memvers to improve English skills. We encourage our team members to create more ‘Extraordinary Moments’ for our guests and we believe it will make the hotel more unique and special.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in your next trip to Qingdao and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance on your next visit via gm.qingdao@himalayashotels.com

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I'd like to recommend this great hotel to my friends and relatives when they visit Qingdao next time. With unique modern decoration theme and friendly hotel staff, I really enjoy the hospitality experience during my stay in this hotel when I visited Qingdao. The hotel location is good, just next to a shopping mall with sevaral restaurants and Starbucks.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your recent trip review. I am particularly happy to read that you are satisfied with our facilities and our team members’ service for you. We encourage our team members to create more ‘Extraordinary Moments’ for our guests and we believe it will make the hotel more unique and special.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

As a long stay guest (since 2015) I can highly recommend Himalayas Hotel. The building and the facilities have a contemporary and modern design, still create a warm and cozy atmosphere. The staff is friendly and ready to help. Not all staff speaks English but usually there always is someone at duty who speaks well or even excellent English.

The hotels restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet with a wide variety of Chinese and Western choices. Quality and taste is decent to very nice and the price is worth the money, especially if buying a voucher package. Sometimes though, because of the open kitchen, the air in the restaurant can get a little bit fumy, maybe the air ventilation system could be improved.

Because of my long term stay I never used the hotel rooms, instead I'm living in an attached service apartment building. Same as the hotel, the design of the 2 floors, loft style apartment and its furniture is modern, tasteful and in a good way simple. In the west lies FuShan mountain and GuoXin Sport Center, the view is awesome. Noise pollution is not a problem and I also can praise the cleaning ladies, who are extremely friendly and in general do a good job.

The location is very suitable for me. The hotels concierge can help to order a taxi and with nowadays map apps (e.g. Apple maps) it's extremely easy and convenient to use public transportation. There are several bus stops around the hotel and the newly opened subway line 2 is in walking distance (1km). There are convenient stores, shops and restaurants around and in the attached shopping mall (BigThumb Plaza), but unfortunately the big supermarket directly in the basement closed down recently.

In the beginning of my stay I especially enjoyed the hotels gym. Later on the gym got outsourced and now is operated by an external company. Since then it got quite crowded and messy there and the cleanliness of the gym doesn't live up to the rest of the hotel anymore.

Despite some little points of criticism, overall I'm very satisfied with Himalayas Hotel and I can highly recommend it for long term or short term stays in Qingdao.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you again for taking the time to write a feedback. We sincerely wish you enjoy the following days in Himalayas and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance on your next visit via gm.qingdao@himalayashotels.com

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Stayed here for a week recently. Hotel itself is OK, but there are few facilities for foreigners who don't speak Chinese. Hotel rooms are reasonable sixe, comfortable and clean. staff are attentive but hotel's location is outside the centre of things Qingdao.

Stayed: November 2017
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your recent trip review. I am particularly happy to read that you are satisfied with our team members’ service for you. We encourage our team members to create more ‘Extraordinary Moments’ for our guests and we believe it will make the hotel more unique and special.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel have been making good progress lately in the communication skills of the people in contact with customers making easier the life of foreigners that do not understand Mandarin. But there is one person that I need to mention in particular since he helped me to solve a problem with my cell phone way beyond his duties... Frank! Thank you so much for your invaluable assistance!!!! Outstanding!!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your recent trip review. I am particularly happy to read that you are satisfied with our team members’ service for you. We will continue organise more English trainings to improve communication skills. We encourage our team members to create more ‘Extraordinary Moments’ for our guests and we believe it will make the hotel more unique and special.