2,439 results
All reviews city wing shang palace q bar old wing horizon club perfect stay excellent hotel new building business trip breakfast buffet italian restaurant f b hong kong special thanks noodles i highly recommend this hotel an upgrade
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I came to Shangri - la Hotel in Qingdao, I met the beautiful Service Leader Becky. Becky known that we come here for holiday, she introduced the local natural landscape, and guided us to visit the dining area, meeting area, business center and hotel facilities in 20th floor. After checked in, she took us to the room, very kindly arranged the room, passionately led us to taste Tsingtao Beer. We were impressed by Becky’s kindly service. The most touching thing was to give us the local characteristics of Laoshan green tea. Next time we will defintely come here because it gives us the feeling of home.

Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
SLQCHINA, 总经理 at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear 640nicolasw,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and taking your time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you found our colleagues attentive and helpful. Your generous praises will certainly be shared with our team in particular Becky in the Valley Wing who has been singled out in your review.

Once again, we thank you for your kind patronage and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

A great hotel. The service was outstanding with the small exception of breakfast addition items. These had to be asked for each time. But all staff were extremely polite, helpful and apologetic.
The air conditioning could have been a little more effective in the room but it was still comfortable.
The room layout was great and the personal service throughout the hotel was exemplary.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear James P,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I had booked a Cathay Pacific flight plus hotel and chose the Shangri-la as my hotel of choice. When I checked in, however, I had to wait a while and actually had to show my booking with the "breakfast included", as they made clear to me that breakfast was not included. So we sorted that out. I declined an upgrade initially. I had no idea that the more exclusive wing faced the ocean with the most stunning incredibly views.
When I went to the business centre on the 20th floor to print off my boarding pass, alas, I could not. No gmail. But I saw the lounge which is adjacent and I was suddenly reconsidering my choice of a city view room. So I asked to see the upgrade to the more exclusive wing which faces the ocean instead of a city view.
No contest: it was drop dead gorgeous WITH a view!! So I paid the extra.
It was an extraordinary experience. Luxurious wood, relaxed, incredibly human lighting: try the "night light" and you will see that it illuminates from beneath the night table so as not to shock your eyes. It also gently illuminates the luxuriously appointed bathroom. AND after dark, you will have a stunningly beautiful light show, across the street on the Westin hotel and other buildings. Totally entrancing!
When I ordered room service, I heard the doorbell and went to the door. "May I come in?", the man asked in a respectful voice and WAITED for my reply before entering.. I could go on and on: the bedding, the sheets, the stunning slipper tub and especially the hostesses on the 20th floor (my room was on the 17th). They were so beautiful in manner appearance and courtesy, that I felt completely relaxed and at home. They were so gracious and helpful. Sylvia was especially And provided the most lovely checkout experience I have ever had. On the 20th floor. but I should mention that virtually everyone at the hotel was unfailingly helpful and gracious. There was even a handwritten note from the room attendant in English and it took some effort, as though the first language was Chinese. There was a poem on my pillow a rose on my arrival.. I felt nurtured and--not too strong a word--loved. Cared for. How can a hotel staff possibly accomplish this remarkable feat? At the Shangri-la, it is second nature.
I would highly recommend this hotel. Sure the main lobby is a bit larger but sometimes that is what we want: grand. And there is a huge shopping mall across the street and May 4th square is a short walk away, as is the ocean front.
The gentle soothing music in the lobby, the food, the service. Everything was complete perfection to me. I will always remember my nights at the Shangri-la in Qingdao. They may not have google as does the Sheraton, but, they more than make up for it. Quite simply, for me, an ordinary person travelling alone in China and not knowing the language, my two nights at the Shangri-la were pure magic. I have stayed at the finest hotels around the world but I will never ever forget the gracious luxurious hospitality of the Qingdao Shangri-la hotel. The staff touched my heart. Each and every one. Remarkable.

Room Tip: High floor and west wing--the more expensive with access to the VIP lounge: so well worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
SLQCHINA, 总经理 at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear discriminating101,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and thank you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very happy to read your feedback about the services provided by our colleagues. I am extremely proud of each and every colleague for creating unmatched memories for our guests. Your generous praises will certainly be shared with our team to thank them for their commitments to excellence.

Once again, we thank you for your kind patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

It was the first visit to Qingdao. Thanks to the kind staff and the good facilities of the hotel, Qingdao’s first impression was so nice. The location is also good for shopping and taking a walk along the seaside. The streets around the hotel are also very clean. But it is a 40-min driving away from the airport.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
SLQCHINA, 总经理 at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Belle Y,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are so happy to read your detailed message, highlighting your enjoyable experience through your journey.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed a few days with colleagues for business, no matter the loacation and the view is perfect,the service in the lounge was so great, especially the manager Jessica Zhan, she display great initiative in her work, she helped us to contact expressage and follow up with my personal invoice. Highly recommend and I definitely will come back again.

Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
SLQCHINA, 总经理 at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear W284LJandrew,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your generous praises will be shared with my colleagues in particular Jessica who has been singled out in your kind review.

Once again, we thank you for your kind patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.