See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2017

The website is misleading, it states 518 rooms all with a sea view, this is not correct, you may have a sea view if you are on an upper floor (rooms range from 3rd to 8th fl) but all you can see from any rooms on the 3rd floor are trees or foliage covering any sea view.

In general:
Rooms poorly maintained loose fittings, lots of mould in shower recess, cracked tiles, dirt along floor crevices, worn and stained floorboards at entry. Marks on white vinyl sofa and chair.

The Hotel is not that old but looks worn and dated. The external lift indicator lights don't appear to work on any of the floors either so you don't know if the lift is going up or down. Just plain annoying and again poor maintenance. While the service and food is okay its nothing special and in the bar they have no idea how to serve a drink, certainly in my case a thimble size amount of spirit is not worth the cost.

The only saviour is the pleasant and caring demeanor of the staff, but I believe this may the style of the locals in general.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Winter X, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Guest, Thanks so much for your kindly suggestions and at great length of matters on equipments & web ect. The hotel has been 5 years, lots equipments need to refresh. Regarding the correct states on website, that is only for advertisement. But actually the rooms face to ocean, the guest could not see the sea view on 3rd floor which it is on the south of building only. They could see the details when they book the room on web. New staffs need to training, and we need be patient to take time for them. I would like to ask you attention on our growing up.

Looking forwrd to see you again in the future. Have a nice week.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel is actually much older than it looks on photos from web site, it's a bit disappointed. Besides, the toilet in the room using shades to cover it up, but looks like still leave some space to see through and worst thing is that the apartment opposite seems can see through your toilet. A bit scary for my friend when go to toilet. Only good about the hotel is the distance to airport!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your staying in our hotel. We are so sorry to hear your feelings. But we could make 100% sure to tell you, the toliet is save and personaly, no one could see you through the toilet. That is the rule for any hotel rooms builded. Please contact our service center if you still feel uncomfortable next time. Hotel is located by the beach and very quite. Wish these could give you more relax.

Here is a warm welcome to our hotel again.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

While checking into this large hotel, staff greeted me with a cup of traditional Chinese tea and a warm chocolate chip cookie. It was a nice welcome from a long journey and the cold weather. I found my room to be both spacious and clean. I would prefer if this hotel was located closer to the airport (10-minute drive by taxi), but it's not a problem for those individuals who carry cash. I will definitely be visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Winter X, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Guest, Thanks for your nice comments and we are so pleased to know you would like to visit our hotel in the future. Hotel located on the beautiful beach,only 2 minutes away from the beach by walk. And also hotel next to the Tangdao Bay Park. It's a nice environment for the vacation, walking by the beach or in the park. Looking forward to see you again.

Have a nice week.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I was in Qingdao due to business and a honeymoon. And that was the BEST CHOICE that I can possibly make. The hotel is a very big property and it sits right next to the very beautifull Silver Beach. As I enter the hotel, the reception greeted us with high enthusiasm and they threat their guess really good so every guest may feel so special. I would like to express my thank you to Ms. OLIVIA, the reception supervisor, her service maybe is one of the best service I can expect from a hotelier. I was so impressed in how she is willing to help me sincerely during my stay. She offered me to buy me my domestic air tickets with her credit card and I can pay her in cash. She also offered to accompany me go to Qingdao market during her off-working day so she can become a translator for us. What an extraordinary service! Also my high praise is to the restaurant of this hotel, Element restaurant provided a very very good buffet dinner and breakfast, very much choice with high quality food. I was also impressed with two of the restaurant manager, who always assisted us that make this restaurant is so special. Over all I had a very2 good experience during my stay, all the interior is luxury as in the picture, cleanliness, service and location is perfect to me, this hotel will be the only hotel I will stay if I come again to Qingdao.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Winter X, 总经理 at Wyndham Grand Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Guest, Happy Wedding Day~~ That's our pleasure to served you and your honey spent such this very important vacation in our hotel. And as you metioned it was also your business trip, that also was our pleasure. We are so happy to knew you could enjoy the restaurant and our German beer bar, our services. Hotel is located by the beach and very quite. Here is a warm welcome to our hotel again. Looking forward to see you here in the coming future. Wish all the best with you and your family.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

I found the hotel great value, very good service, nice rooms and the service of the concierge, Bob Gao, who organised transport on a number of occasions, just excellent.
The restaurant is excellent and it also has a German restaurant to cater for those tastes.

Room Tip: Sea views are worth it
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Winter X, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your staying and shared experiences. Bob Gao is one of our staffs,and it's our pleasure to provide good service on time to each guests. We are very happy to know you could enjoy the restaurant and our German beer bar.Hotel is located by the beach and very quite.Here is a warm welcome to our hotel again.

Have a nice weekend.