All reviewstrain stationhigh speed trainminute walkwest railbusiness travelnice hotelnanconvenient locationalvaroxichinacityshanghaiowentrainingtubdesk
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in a new part of Jinan that looks much better than downtown Jinan. The hotel design is all glass but appealing and the hotel is relatively new. The rooms were modern and okay. The only thing that I didn't like about the rooms is the see-through glass wall separating the bed area and shower/washrooms. You definitely can't share the rooms with anyone without violating your privacy. Maybe am old school, but that's a BIG NO for me. Concierge wasn't as warm, helpful or friendly as other Melia hotels I have been to. They didn't even offer to help us with our luggage yet we had couple of suitcases. Overall , an okay experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
alvaro f, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear MsafiriTraveller,

Wamest regards from Melia Jinan!

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience with us.

I would like to apologize regarding your lack of privacy due to the glass wall. We are starting to sep up a new opaque glass to provide more privacy in our twin rooms. However some of the rooms are still being fixed.

From other side, I totally agree that our concierge should provide luggage assistance and provide the spanish warmth that characterizes MELIA.

We will definately start working in order to bring you a better experience during your next stay with us.

Thank you very much for choosing us!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed this hotel many times. I am very impressed with your customer service, in particular Ms. Betta, Penny and Olivia.
I was at the 21st level lounge having dinner. Your staff noticed I cough badly, offered me a glass of hot honey lemon and one more thermal flask for my room. She tells me to place this by the bedside while sleeping. True enough, it helps me to have a good night sleep.
On another occasion, I was late at the lounge. They provided complimentary room service with Udon and beverages. Thank you very much.

TONG KIN KIANG

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DesmondT265
alvaro f, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Desmond T,

Warmest greetings from Melia Jinan!

It is an extremely pleasure for us to see that you took your time and dedication to share with us your last experience at our hotel.

We have passed already your feedback to Olivia, Beata and Penny. Comments like yours make us feel really proud of our staff and keep us with ambition to keep improving.

We cannot wait to have the chance to welcome you again!

Sincerely.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

This hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the Jinanxi CRH station which makes it ideal especially after a long day. The rooms are nice and clean, there's a tub, breakfast pretty good, wifi not too bad so what else could one ask for. Perhaps that the staff be better trained in English unless you're fluent in Mandarin.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
alvaro f, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Timothy,

It is a pleasure for us to hear from you!

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to share with us your feedback at Melia Jinan.

We feel extremely happy to see that you fully enjoyed your stay with us.

However regarding the level of english of our staff we take good note and we are already working to train our staff properly.

We would like to this opportunity to welcome you again during your next trip to Jinan or another of our properties.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Very nice and western style hotel. Helpful staff, although, they had no idea how to credit airline bonus miles. Since the high speed train station is basically next door, it is a convenient location. On the other hand, there is not much to do or to see around the hotel, and it seems pretty far from downtown Jinan.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
alvaro f, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Rickunds,

Warmest greetings from Melia Jinan!

Thanks a lot for taking your time and dedication to share with us your experience at our home.

We have been investigating about your airline bonus miles, you could contact me at gex@meliajinan.cn and I will personally follow this issue.

We do hope welcome you again during your next trip to Jinan or in any other hotel of Melia Hotels International.

Sincereley,

Reviewed 17 March 2018

New Hotel and very beautiful room (1908), open view (but not much to see, frankly spoken, besides the huge train station). OK room service, very clean and excellent beds. Staff speaks poorly English, sometimes hard to communicate. No turndown service.

Room Tip: Room 1908, Junior Suite. Open view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
alvaro f, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Jinan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear FLuisi,

Warmest greetings from Melia Jinan!

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience at the hotel.

I really sorry to hear that some aspects did not match your expectations

We will focus on improve our staff English in order to bring to our costumers the best service. On the other side i will double check the reason why your room did not have the turndown service and make sure that we are providing it from now on.

From Melia Jinan it would be a great pleasure to welcome you again during your next trip to Jinan and show you our best version.