US$ 116
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsinternational channelswestern foodwifienglishchinabusinessshandong
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I was suppose to arrive at Jinan late evening but due to aircraft technical issue, I was not able to catch the flight and could only arrive the next day. Concierge staff was kind enough to allow me to cancel the airport pick up and rebook the pick up for the next morning once I had receive news on my flight schedule. They had put a note to concierge team and the staffs knew about my case when I finally called them at night.
Pick up was swift and staff was already waiting with a signboard with my name. Upon arrival, check in was swift and they were kind enough to upgrade my room FOC.

There were some miscommunication for the invoice needed but customer service was quick to apologise for the misunderstanding have it emailed to my account after I send in a request. Good job!

Room
Nice and elegant. Clean and comfortable. Bed was very comfortable and shower, sink and toilet area are all separated.
Location
A short walk down the hotel there is a shopping mall with Walmart supermarket in it. If not mistaken, there is also a cinema nearby. Concierge staffs are more than happy to help you get a cab with a card bearing the taxi number plate.
Staff
Very helpful, polite and friendly. Big thank you for giving your best in making guest have a memorable stay.
Breakfast
Nice local and western food variety. However, breakfast area could do with some changes to the layout. Many of the tables are 6 seaters and it's quite awkward to sit with a huge group of people you don't know.

I think the hotel has a BBQ dinner but I did not try out. Looks nice though.

Will definitely choose this hotel again when I'm back to Jinan.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

Just finished my short trip to Jinan. Stayed in Grand Mercure just one night and overall impression is very good. So far it is the best Grand Mercure I stayed in China.
Smooth check in, they gave me 26 floor double room (top floor). The room is really nice, clean (after staying in few GM in China and reading reviews was expecting dirty carpets), but no any stains at all!
AC is functioning OK, well it took some time to set the temp I want, but I made it.
The bed is comfy, had pretty good sleep. TV includes international channels.
Cannot really evaluate location as arrived in evening from train station on car and in the morning went to airport. But it seems to be quite central.
At night tried in-room dining. Well they brought it quite fast but the taste of chicken curry was much lower my expectations. And one more thing I did not really understand - minibar fridge is empty... Quite strange for hotel positioning itself as 4.5 or even 5 stars... And when I tried to order diet coke thru room service they didn't have any... This part from my point of view needs to be improved.
The breakfast is good, large variety of food, quite fresh and tasty.
The staff in hotel is very nice, very polite and supportive. When was checking out was told that during my rush out to the car to airport forgot around 500 cash in the room. Brought downstairs to me very quickly, thanks very much.
Recommended place of stay in Jinan.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Rishad491
Grand M, Front Office Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Dear guest,

We already informed our Executive Chef regarding the taste of chicken curry. We will pay more attention on it, and we hope that we can deliver better quality food for you and other guests.
And for the mini bar, we put a minibar menu in the room. You can contact out Service Center if you need anything from that menu. Unfortunately, the diet coke is sold out in our restaurant. We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused by us.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. We are looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2015

We stayed here for three nights and were pleased with our stay. The room was beautifully appointed. The amenities are good quality and the bed very comfortable. We slept really well and the shower is amazing. There was an issue with the payment of our room, which was promptly resolved. The staff at the front desk speak excellent English and seem genuinely interested in delivering good customer service. Lavinia was especially friendly and ready to help - thank you! Breakfast was good - varied and tasty. Although the hotel is not right in the centre of town, it's close to a shopping centre. Furthermore, it was very easy to get a taxi from outside the hotel. As other reviewers have commented, the supermarket next door is also helpful. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Grand M, Front Office Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2015

Dear Sir,

Lavinia is our Senior Duty Manager. We are glad that you met her and she helped you. All of our staffs are ready to delivering good service for every guest. Our breakfast is served with Grand Mercure standard. Including local food and western food. We are very happy that you like it.

Rebecca Yu

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have stayed in another Mercure before (in Bangkok) and this one is just as fantastic. Beautiful rooms, amazing beds and showers. The pillows are just incredible, I don't know where they get them from. The breakfast is the biggest and best selection of hotel breakfasts I have ever had. It is a brilliant way to start the day. Customer convenience seems to be very important to this company, there is a huge array of appliances and accessories in the rooms ready to go.

I very much recommend this outstanding hotel group to any type of traveler.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Grand M, Front Office Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear Ben Letschka,

By the way, regarding the pillow in guest room, we are very happy to know that you like it. It is also sell at the reception. You can contact us directly if you want to buy it.

Rebecca Yu
Director of Rooms
Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine

Reviewed 3 April 2015

The staff is friendly and well trained, the hotel location is not more than 15 minutes by taxi to the cities most popular attractions. (except at rush hour) there is a Walmart next door and many local restaurants. In the warmer months there is an excellent street side BBQ. The rooms tend to be warm in the spring and fall, but are well kept, clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. When I travel to Jinan I spend a few extra minutes commuting to get to this hotel. There is a large mall about 1 mile to the north. An easy walk or very short cab ride. The hotel staff will get you a taxi to where ever you need and give you a number to call if you need help and a map of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the west are warm in the evening, but quiet in the night and morning. Rooms to the east offer amazing views of the city and mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Grand M, Front Office Manager at Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine by ACCOR, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

Dear Mr. David Welsh,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine. And we are very glad to see that we can provide the home feeling for you in our hotel.