“Amazing respite from the city!!”

Thousand-buddha Cliff Statues
Ranked #6 of 224 things to do in Jinan
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

I visited here yesterday and I loved it! I was able to walk from my hotel (about a 30-40 minute walk) and enter through a gate at the north of the mountain, although I believe that there are plenty of buses that stop outside as well. If possible, I do recommend the walk as it took me through the more residential areas of Jinan which was a great experience.
From the mountain I was able to get amazing views of Jinan and the surrounding mountains. Be aware, there's a lot of stairs to climb and you need to be wearing good footwear as a lot of the steps are rocky and sometimes slippy. You do need some amount of physical ability to get right to the top. That being said, I don't exercise and with a few breaks I managed it.
There's plenty to do and see around the mountain. So much that in the 3 hours I was there I don't think I even saw half of it!
The mountain was a great break from the city. If you're getting sick of being surrounded by traffic and people, I'd definitely recommend it.
For anyone fancying a bit of fun there's a cable car that takes you part way up the mountain and you can get the slide way (toboggan) back down!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"park"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2016

This is a very interesting place to visit. The area is pretty big but not all of the things really deserve a visit especially when you are supposed to climb up and down hundreds of stairs. For those like me who live in China, it is not worth climbing a lot just to see temples I have already seen wherever I have been in China. It is a different story if you are new of China. In that case it is recommended to make an effort and climb all the stairs. Aside from that, in my opinion there are two places that are really eye-catching. One of these is the square where a huge statue of Buddha is located. Another place is a cave where you can find lots of very ancient statues of Buddhas. It is not by chance that this place is called QianFoShan (The mountain of one thousand Buddhas). You can easily find these two places on the big map that is located at the entrance. The ticket costs 30 yuan plus 15 yuan to get access through the cave.

1  Thank Daniele-Donati
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

If you really want to walk, just go up to this magic mountain and enjoy these wonderful monuments. There is a beautiful temple. You can up by funicular. It's a great option if you are in Jinan.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Prepare to walk! This is a great place to spend a day hiking and exploring. There is a little amusement park, a chair lift, an alpine slide and on a clear day you can see all of Jinan and more from the top of the mountain. I have been 4 times and find something new on each visit. There are many shrines where people pray, burn incense, and worship. Hundreds of impressive statues and the largest Buddha I have ever seen.

2  Thank David W