All reviews nice hotel spacious room breakfast buffet toilet floor lobby english tub
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Hotel Nikko is great hotel to have holiday or business trip. It is close the large down the town shopping center and it is peaceful place in the city. Breakfast is great and delicious. I recommend Nikko when you visit Dalian.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The check-in lady had a very nice smile, polite which gave me the first good impression about the hotel. The cleaning ladies did awesome jobs to make me feel like at home. The staff who work at the Concierge were helping me a lot for finding the taxi drivers almost every day, they are nice and patient. I also like the breakfast buffet, the price is reasonable. There are all kinds food you can choose and taste delicious. The experiences staying in Nikkodalian are happy and I will definitely choose this hotel whenever I visit Dalian in the future and recommend it to my family and the friends.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I wasn't really sure what kind of hotel this place was when I booked it. Turns out, it's a Japanese brand. Maybe it's because it's a Japanese brand, but everything just seemed dated and a little out of the ordinary at this place.

When you first walk into the lobby, you'll immediately recognize an ominous garbage smell. I thought maybe that my nose had initially malfunctioned, but after walking back into the hotel after dinner, I realize it wasn't my nostrils, but really the hotel itself.

I had booked a King room through a 3rd party website. When I walked into the room they assigned me, it had 2 twin beds. When I asked the front desk to change my room, they initially refused to - only saying it says in their system the booking was for two twin beds. I showed them the Agoda booking confirmation and they just kind of stood there flabbergasted for five minutes.

After going back and forth for 15 minutes, they finally agreed to switch me to the right room that was printed on the original reservation. A few days later, I noticed that the amount I was charged was more than what the Agoda total was. The front desk had also refused to give me an invoice when I was checking out.

The room itself was like a throwback to the early 1990s. Everything was in the color of a light brown wood. I turned my AC to its highest level right after I got into my room. When I got back to the hotel and went to sleep later that night (5 hours after I checked in), I noticed that the room was still immensely hot. The next day I called the front desk to see if there was anyway to set the AC to a lower temperature. They sent the maintenance guy up, and his initial reaction was that the room was cool enough already. I had to reason with him for a few minutes about this and even after he understood that I wanted the room cooler, he was telling me that because my curtains were open during the day, the AC wouldn't be able to cool the room properly.

I told him that it was no better at night when it was completely dark outside and with the curtains closed. He then went about adjusting something in the vents, then looked at me and gave me an all okay signal. I left my room and went out for dinner. After getting back, I realized that the room was no cooler than the previous night and ended up sleeping butt naked without the sheets on me.

Overall, I would say run like you've seen and smelled the plague if you ever find yourself staring at a Nikko hotel on a booking website.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed on the 29th floor.Friendly staff, pleasantly conversant in English too and efficient.Spacious room with shower, tub and digital toilet. Two floors for breakfast depending on room (executive or non executive), offering a wide variety of fresh food. Sky bar restaurant on 35th floor well stocked and offers a scenic view of the ocean. Offers lunch a la carte. Well located near the CBD. Walkable distances to the malls and markets. I have enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel was nice, easy, and comfortable. My favorites were the soft beds and down comforters and it was clean. The lobby, like other Nikkos I've stayed at, was inviting, clean, and smelled nice. It was easy to get a nonsmoking room. Checking in and out was super easy. I wouldn't recommend buying a coffee there, though.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends