See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Hotel is clean. I stayed there three nights. Room was compact, for somebody maybe too small. Floor without carpet was appreciated. I enjoyed comfortable sleep. Bus stop is just in front of the hotel entrance, tram stop is around the corner.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I was a bit concerned when I first arrived at the hotel. Lobby was small and chaotic with crowds. Staff did not seem to speak English. However, everything else was fine and better than I expected.

Deposit was 100 RMB for the night. Room was clean, free wifi was strong, great value for the price! The only complaint was that there was only one electric outlet near the bed/desk (the other inside the bathroom). Not very far from Zhongshan square metro station: only 20 minute on foot. All in all, I would definitely go back to the hotel if I visit Dalian again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Nothing much to say. Seen one, seen them all.
I was disappointed becuase this hotel is named in Booking.com as "Hotel Ibis Zhongshan Square". It is not on Zhongshan Square. it is about 20-25 minuted walk from that square. If you plan. like I did to use the metro, consider that the nearest metro station is on Zhongshan Square.
Otherwise, it is a good midrange hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2016

After a long flight from England..started at 11,30 Saturday..arrived 11.30 Sunday..yes I know that they are 8 hours ahead..I was met by my friend at the airport, great...taxi to the hotel..ok...you get used to the constant sounding of car horns... its just their frustration I suppose ..any way..arrived at the hotel...to book in...fortunately my friend who speaks both Chinese and English, as that is my friend teaches..we were able to communicate....yes I know that I am ignorant but it is my first time in the wonderful country...I could say hello and how are you !!..I digress. 100 rnb.?? yes to pay as a deposit... £10.roughly..ok...passport scanned.for security and for Police notification within 24hrs..up to my room...ummm a bit spares but ok...No fridge for cold water...ok fine..bed umm ouch..bit hard for me..but ok... A/C crap..I know its part of my remit as an Engineer..slept wellish...no card to tell me what time breakfast...went at 08.15...busy...had boiled egg tomatoes and ham ..toast..and coffee...off out...following evening..tired so went to the restaurant on the 3rd floor...ummm nope closed..went to the lobby and..asked with signs ..why closed ..blank stare..thats ok..smiled and bade my goodnights...pretty much the same all week ..loads of quality restaurants around..Russian restaurant you can see out of the breakfast room window....anyway...on Thursday before I checked out on Saturday..I asked my friend if it was ok to talk to the reception and book a taxi to the airport...ummm nope.. no can do or will not do ...how strange...its an hotel ...I sorted out my taxi with my golden friend...and got back home...so...IBIS..I appreciate that you have lots and lots of hotels..but maybe you could get off your comfy bottom and actually see what your customers are paying for!!
In the meantime..I found Dalian a wonderful vibrant city..new expo center with coloured lights. musical fountains....new Venice area..brilliant...a true memory to see...Dalian..is magical...hotel..ummm a bit Rubbish.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We stayed in this hotel twice. I liked it for it's great location- only 15 minutes to the Dalian Zoo, Polar oceanarium, very close to Irish Pub, Musical Dancing Fountains.
Minuses: very poor breakfast, you'd better not to pat for it- there're lots of fast food around and grocery Carrefour.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends