See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I have visited Dalian on three occasions now, but this is the first visit to the 'Hojo'.

Whilst in a central location I had a poor experience at this hotel. The hotel is tired and in need of significant renovation throughout. English is not widely spoken despite it being an American chain. The food choice is poor at breakfast and evenings, although room service is speedy. The bedroom is reasonably large and the air con works well, but it is dated as is the bathroom and shower pressure is poor. The wifi is flaky too, not good for evening conference calls with the west.

There are much better choices in Dalian. I've reviewed one in the past and given it rave reviews. Next time I will be back there!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times before this over the last 2 years for about 15 days. Dated hotel, but was ok, though for the price, it could have been better. This visit of 9 days was pits. Rooms even more dated. Stinky carpets. Scaled and cracked wash basins.

What took the cake was that they gave me smoking rooms inspite of a specific request for a non smoking room (after assuring me that I was given a non smoking room). Zero service recovery, really stinky rooms. Had to check out a bit late (4 hours) and told them about it, they said 50% of room rate, I agreed (though this was a chance for service recovery to some extent by offering a 4 hour complimentary extension on a 9 night stay). When I see the bill I am charged more than my room rate's 50%, on checking, I am told that the rate is calculated on applicable rack rate and not on discounted corporate rate (which was not informed upfront).

If I call the restaurant just after 9pm and order food, sorry sir, restaurant is closed. Guest is hungry, not our problem. Though the menu says restaurant closes at 9.30pm.

Wonder if this hotel should be a place of choice for Travellers in Dalian

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2017

This is the kind of property that gives you a run-down feeling: stained and soiled carpets, broken in spots, furniture and paneling with veneer coming off or outright broken, rust on caulk in the bathroom, etc. Clearly maintenance budget is not sufficient. Not many people on staff speak any English. I needed non-smoking room, ended up with smoking. Even though the room itself did not smell, the smell was coming in through the ventilation when the person in the next room would light up.For the price this place charges, you can find better hotels. WiFi even for China is horrible.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I stayed in the hotel for 6 nights. And I have to say - never again! The staff was unfriendly, rude, never smiling and were far away from being helpful.
None of the staff I met throughout the 6 days was able to speak English. The staff was not able to help me with the simplest requests as 'Do you have a map?' 'Is there a bar in the hotel?' 'Can you call me a driver'
I felt lost in a country where I am lost as such as I do not speak the language.
If you have the chance to avoid the hotel - do it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NinaSchacht
Reviewed 6 September 2016

I stayed here for 9 nights during my first ever visit to China in the beautiful city of Dalian. Found this hotel nice and clean. The hotel staff was co-operative . Full marks for hygiene and cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business