“Attentive service ”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We visit Riva sporadically.. Food generally good. Service sometimes not so smooth going.. example..courses turn up whenever !
The visit however , a few nights ago was exceptional due to the experienced and attentive eye of a staff member Miss Ivy Wang.. As I am in the throes of healing a broken wrist- it is very difficult to eat with non dominant hand etc . She was most caring and discreet in helping me at all costs without causing me embarrassment ,sliced my delicious perfectly cooked steak - serving my vegetables and even ran to find a comfortable cushion where I could rest and place my arm..
This lady deserves recognition and the Restaurant is most fortunate to have such a team member..
It is not just the cuisine that makes a memorable dinner.. it is also the staff members..

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We come her at riva, from fiend suggestion, to be the best in town, but unfortunately we feel that is just average, is a Mediterranean stake house, but with little to be Mediterranean, we had a seafood tower, with all cheap seafood, king crab was soggy, mussel unbeatable.. lobster probably the most cheap one in the frozen market, as second course we order a paella ( what an orribile choice) is nothing to be a paella first the use the wrong rice the seafood cheap as the tower, and finally the stake, I don’t understand why the marinated the stake with some sorta of spice, cumin I guess!!!! If you market yours self as a stake house be as a stake house... salt, pepper and oil and grill it... but I guess is a stake house for Chinese people.. to conclude is very expensive with a average service as well, not raccomandate to western people...

1  Thank gregmark19
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Have been to Riva for lunch last week. Was surprised from the quality of food and service. Very interesting and teasty bread, four different kind. Loved it. Scallops and Soup super. Pasta cook directly from Chef Luigi that even came to my table to introduce the dishes and to ask my opinion. Can see that all people there do a good job and put passion in their work. Will go back for sure.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We had a business dinner here. We ordered some shared starters like oysters, iberico and parma ham which I found rather average. The steaks we had as mains were actually much better, as the sides. Good meat and cooked properly. Not the best wine, but this was our wrong selection. Good service.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I ate at Riva twice during my week in Suzhou. Both times received great service, very friendly staff.

The first night I enjoyed a filet, it was very very uncooked when it first arrived at my table (I had ordered medium rare), but the wait staff was quick to send back to the grill to be cooked a little more. They also messed up my side orders that evening, but were quick to correct their errors.
Caesar salad had way too much dressing on it, we could not eat. The staff was quick to address our issue.

The second night we enjoyed the Seafood Tower- impressive collection of shell fish! The king crab legs were the best item on the tower. Some bites of the other options led me to believe that it was deeply frozen.
I ordered the Lamb Chips as my entree, they were very tasty. The gratin potatoes and broccoli were very good.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone who would like to enjoy food that is not Chinese. Very standard menu of Steak, Fish, and Pasta.

Been to Riva? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK