All reviews modern facilities spent one night breakfast spread river view room service business trip keys didi conference wifi airport gym taxi china
Reviewed 29 April 2018

A massive building (about 400 rooms) along Yangtse river but quite far away from city center and the airport Intercontinental Wuhan is a modern and comfortable business hotel. I spent one night there in April 2018 on business trip. My room was very large, clean and well appointed with an also very large bathroom. It had a small balcony with a view over Yangtse river which is not a common feature in such buildings. Lobby of impressive dimensions and modern facilities. However, I found service at breakfast quite disorganized - the table I was sitting at was given to other guests twice - and options relatively limited compared to other hotels of a similar category in China. Management should take a look at this. Nevertheless, if - as in my case - you have compelling reasons to stay in this part of the city there is no doubt that Intercontinental Wuhan is a good option.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jean Francois V
敏 田, 市场传讯部副经理 at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your valuable comments and we had taken note and enforce more staff service training. For the Breakfast, we were already double check with on day service manager and feedback your comments as well, we will improvement pass around service to ensure all guests can enjoy wonderful breakfast during stay in InterContinental Wuhan.
We are looking forward to be of service to you next time.Thank again.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Stunning hotel and facade; quite far from the airport (1 hour or so) and take a taxi card or book transfer because taxis do not necessarily want to go there or do not know where it is. I had an interesting experience of a detour by the taxi cab to fill gas late at night which was a bit unnerving.

Stunning hotel facade; lovely breakfast buffet; and very luxurious.

Only other issue I had was that the wifi was VERY slow in the hotel.

Hotel is on the river and nice for a cruise but better for conferences and not very central; I heard there is a subway accessible with a golf cart

Room Tip: Get a river view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Sabrina O, General Manager at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at InterContinental Wuhan. I feel regretful because of the problem you met during your stay. Meantime, we paid high attention to your comments and suggestions about hotel internet. Later we will transfer all information to relative department and they will follow up all the issues. Wish there would be next time that you will come to our hotel again and we will struggle to deliver better service for you.

Our location is in the fast developing HanYang district of Wuhan. Currently there is limited facilities close by however this is improving quickly. We do recommend the nearby Aeon mall for shopping, dining and entertainment. The hotel offers a shuttle service or alternately the subway station can take guests there or to other parts of Wuhan.

Ozzy Oh

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

This is a swanky new hotel in Wuhan with large rooms, huge lobby and generally opulent designs. It's right next to a convention center, which makes it very convenient if you are attending a convention there. That should be the only reason why you should stay there as the location is terrible. It's far away from every where and there are no nearby shops you can walk around. Even taxi are scarce and DIDI drivers are not abundant here.

The hotel has a decent large Cafe for breakfast and dinner (not lunch) as well as a Chinese restaurant with slow service. There is a nice cigar bar (which is why I booked it) but you can't bring your own cigars. Instead, you have to pay a huge premium for cigars which may be from dodgy sources. Given that they are selling fake Cohiba ashtray, lighters and whatnots, I wouldn't like to pay a high price for cigars which I don't know the source. So that's a damper and there are no other smoking bar or room in the whole hotel. So I actually had to go Westin Wuhan for my cigar. They have a nice cigar room which you can bring your own cigars.

In summary, nice hotel but location and silly cigar bar policy is a downer.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Sabrina O, Public Relations Manager at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at InterContinental Wuhan. Thanks for the comments about our large rooms and decoration. We indeed are next the Expo centre and our very own convention centre.
We serve an extensive buffet breakfast and dinner. For lunch and other times we have an a la carte menu and 24hour rooms service.
I am sorry you did not feel confident to use our Cigar bar. It is operated by a very reputable 3rd party company.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Check in was a breeze and Manny went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed.

Rooms are hot, but that's an overall issue in China and not unique to this hotel. My suggestion is to make turning off the thermostat in your room the very first thing you do. Even if you put it at 18 degrees it's useless as there's only heat available. The hotel does provide fans and air purifiers, which I appreciated.

Otherwise the hotel was immaculately clean, comfortable and had the best breakfast spread of any Intercontinental I've been in China.

Oh, and fellow parents - there is a ball pit and play area right next to the restaurant. Could be your only relaxing meal of the trip if you're toting around the young ones, so enjoy!

On the location, it's a bit out of the way, but you can't fault the hotel for that. They don't exactly claim to be in the city centre...

Room Tip: Turn off the thermostat during the fall, winter and early spring to avoid melting.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Sabrina O, Public Relations Manager at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience at InterContinental Wuhan. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad you liked the breakfast and enjoyed your meal at our HAN Café.
We noted your comment that the room was too hot for your comfort. Our engineer has been informed and will adjust the air-conditioning to better suit the variety of guests. We are able to provide both hot air and cold air depending on guest’s preferences.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This hotties somewhat out of the way with limited public transportation close by. It is also isolated with no nearby restaurants and nightlife. But if you have a reason to stay around here the hotel has spacious rooms and great facilities. The staff is friendly and helpful.

I called in advance to schedule pickup at the airport. Vivian helped me communicate with the concierge. The car pick up worked out well. Room service was also prompt and food was good quality. Room is one of the best I have stayed in and upgrade to river view was a bonus.

Breakfast is very affordable and worth adding to your stay. Breakfast options for the price are amazing. My two dinners at Han Cafe were well prepared and tasty. Service staff is also polite and prompt.

The gym has a variety of equipment and there is a yoga room.

Due to location, the hotel seems to have low occupancy but that works to your advantage.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank vnishith
Sabrina O, Public Relations Manager at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are grateful to know that you were satisfied with our facility and service. Also thanks for you specifically mentioning Vivian. This will make her happy. I will certainly share your kind words with our team, your positive remarks will make our staff to be encouraged.

We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We always keep providing local favorite food, try to make it different every day. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!