See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, my family and I stayed here for a handful of days until we were able to find better, cleaner accommodations. We did not have a good stay, which is quite the understatement, it was an awful stay. We switched rooms twice, the first was a smoking room which we were switched from immediately to a "non-smoking" room, which still had a faint smell of smoke. To be honest, the entire hotel smelled of smoke and non-smoking versus smoking areas were not respected by guests or enforced by hotel staff. So with that being said, unless you're ok smelling like smoke don't stay here.

The rooms were also outdated and musty/humid/damp... There is no nice way to word the condition of the rooms at Novotel. In addition to the moisture issues and the smell of smoke, the rooms were not clean. I found dark, long hair on my pillows and in the sink. I'm a blonde, so it definitely was not mine.

We had two adjoining rooms and both were unclean and smelly. Only one room had a/c that worked (barely) and the views out of our windows were not of the Central Business District but of a rooftop and of generators - looked like a prison. The windows were filthy, caked on with pollution and other muck from the air. Therefore, the rooms were dark and depressing.

This was a horrible introduction to China for my family and I. In addition to all of the hotel related issues discussed in this 1-star review, the hotel food was awful! When I say awful, I mean my entire family was hungry after each mean and ate bread because we couldn't find much on the buffet that catered to a foreign taste or that met the needs of children (basic foods) to a vegetarian (me). It was so disappointing. So much meat and seafood, the entire restaurant smelled like an aquarium - raw and unappetizing.

As a loyal TripAdvisor user, I rely heavily on the reviews of others to guide my travel plans and feel it as a duty to others to share my experiences at Novotel. Typically, I have positive things to say about the places I review, but this is not the case here. We since have stayed at the Hilton and Sheraton and I would recommend both of those hotels to Zhengzhou visitors.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The Novotel Convention Centre Hotel in Zhengzhou is a modern, well appointed hotel next door to the convention centre. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are well appointed and we enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: The rooms above the 20th floor suffered a little from the A/C noise
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Stayed there for work. Room spacious but light was dark. My room was located very close to the elevator and every time when the lift approached my floor. The "ding" sound was like someone pressing my bell. Very annoying. Air-conditioning seemed not able to be adjusted in the room so simply turned it off as it's too cold. Buffet breakfast was good price. Quite a wide selection at only RMB85pp (about USD12-13). Check out took us forever. It was 8am and there was a line and only one staff handling all check-outs. There were other staff roaming behind the reception desk but not opening more counters to help clear the line.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I got upgraded, nice room, spacious. A little traffic noise. Room was comfortable. Really good location with excellent parks nearby for walking, also good closeby eating options including western fast food choices.
Hot water was only just good enough and could have used an English language movie channel or pay for view movie option.
Lastly, a really good buffet option in the hotel, was great.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Wonderful interior decorations, excellent dinner presentations with excellent services, must recommend Novotel Hotel for an exquisite romantic dinner for Valentine's Day.
Always great to be back. Congratulations to entire crew and special thanks to the best manager.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business