This is an excellent resort for a nice family vacation. We stayed here for a week with our 7 year old kid and all of us enjoyed thoroughly. In fact, we ventured out only once for local sightseeing and spent rest of the days in resort itself!
– Resort is new, opened in March 2011. So almost everything is in perfect condition.
– Fabulous rooms, more spacious than other resorts, bathroom is big. Every room has a large balcony (mostly overlooking beach/pool from higher floors and garden from lower floors) with nice seating arrangement.
– Enormous pool (4 large inter-connected pools) with nice pool lighting in the night. Kids pool with slide.
– Nice Spa with good service.
– Beach is virtually private and clean where one can relax with ease (nice family Kabanas at the Beach). Very attentive beach staff and facilities (including kids beach set). Long 3 km beach line where one can take a very quite walk.
– Excellent buffet breakfast (available till 11 pm!) with large Continental and Chinese selection. Three restaurants (continental, chinese, seafood).
Very good for kids:
– This is an amazing resort for kids – we selected it over Sheraton (despite being SPG member) because of its numerous kid’s facilities.
– My son enjoyed a lot at R-Cade (bowling - one kid’s line with side bumps, Xbox, Wii, Kid’s games, TT, Pool etc.), R-Kids (nice kid’s activities throughout the day with some free, toy room, movie room, kid’s food menu, nap room etc.), free movie theater (3 free movies a day including some good kids movies), kids pool with slides, 3 hot water open Jacuzzi, very family looking beach where our son enjoyed a lot!
– The best part about Renaissance Sanya is its very warm and friendly service. Very nicely managed by Sean (the Resident Manager) – he was wonderful and would have interacted with us atleast 3 times during our stay (very hands-on manager - seemed to be present everywhere in the resort).
– We are vegetarian and Becker (main restaurant manager) and his team (Gloria etc.) took great care of us by preparing custom made vegetarian dishes during lunch / dinner. Even the Chinese Restaurant arranged Vegetarian food for us! (Special thanks to Sudip Menon, sea food restaurant manager, for understanding and conveying our needs to other restaurants).
– Room service is very quick. Staff at the beach is also very friendly and efficient. Staff at R-Cade and R-Kids are excellent.
– I saw a few reactions about poor English skills of the staff – I somewhat disagree with those comments – in my view it is more to do with the difference in their English accent than the English skills.
Location: The resort is about 45-60 minutes away from main Sanya city and Airport. There is nothing around the resort. Though resort provides 3x day shuttle bus service to Sanya, you will still feel mentally blocked to venture out. Hence, location may be the foremost consideration while selecting this resort. We purposely wanted a quite secluded location to get away, hence chose Renaissance over others (apart from being a kids friendly resort).
Transportation: The free airport shuttle departs from Airport as per fixed time schedule – we missed it by 15 minutes and the taxi driver outside managed to grab RMB225 from us! On return, we requested the Resort travel desk (they call it Navigator) a day in advance to arrange a private AC car (RMB200 and much better than non-AC old taxis). But at the last moment, the private car driver refused to go to Airport and the Resort travel desk offered us to take a non-AC taxi which just came to drop off some other guests - though the taxi driver turned out to be a nice person but still not a good experience at end of otherwise an excellent trip (I had to unfortunately raise my voice before the travel desk but was helpless as we could have missed our flight).
In all, I would highly recommend Renaissance Sanya for families with small kids and even couples who would just like to get away from the hustle and bustle of a big city life and spend a quality time in a peaceful, nice and caring environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa, a Marriott lifestyle brand. Explore the spectacular tropical landscaping and pristine beaches with incredible sunsets. Relax and rejuvenate at our exquisite resort & spa located at Haitang Bay on the South China Sea, where Guest rooms offer a choice of breathtaking ocean or equally stunning mountain views. Enjoy the various culinary delights within the resort. Red Star offers international cuisine and evening seafood & BBQ Buffet, where during the winter, the hot pot selection is also available. Star Anise offers Cantonese cuisine complimented by selection of cuisines from various parts of China. While Starfish Market presents Grill & BBQ selection during the weekend & public holidays. For those seeking a venue to chill out before & after dinner. Visit the Lounge at the Lobby with Live music daily from 2130 (Except Sunday) or share your musical talent at R-Place, our sports bar with Karaoke rooms. To rejuvenate your body and spirit, visit our Quan Spa featuring massages and treatments. Other amenities include the fitness centre, kids' pool with slide, R-kids' club with many recreational activities including bowling alleys. Not forgetting our huge swimming pools, where you can always find a quiet spot to relax. Our event facilities feature an exquisite grand ballroom that accommodates 900+ dinner guests and the lawn for 300+ dinner guests. Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa has the advantage of accessible beach to swim in Haitang Bay. It is only 15 minutes drive to the World's largest duty free mall at the bay by our complimentary shuttle bus and 45 minutes drive directly to the airport. MARRIOTT REWARDS PRIVILEGES Members get extensive discounts & special prices in the restaurants & bars, recreation and spa including all day happy hour drinks in the Lounge & Starfish Bar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Agoda, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Sanya Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Sanya Hotel Sanya
- Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa Hainan