Review Highlights
Cheap entry but expensive to do everything inside

Nice huge spa with 108RMB entry price but only for the spa and free fruits. Located in Luohu, the... read more

Reviewed 14 April 2019
m3lvinlim
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
via mobile
Go if you enjoy being harassed

The premises are huge , beautifully appointed and has full facilities. At first glance one seems to... read more

Reviewed 28 March 2019
MCRsgp
singapore

Recommended experiences in and around Shenzhen
from US$ 139.02
from US$ 246.40
from US$ 120.34
from US$ 349.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The 5 of us (3 girls, 2 guys) arrived to the lounge style lobby and you're greeted with a menu, there was 1 ok ish English speaking staff. We all chose the 90 min (¥239, there's ¥80 min tip and 18% service charge...all up a little over ¥400pp) oil rub.

You're then whisked away guys one direction, girls the other by one of the many staff who take you to your locker area,(there were hundreds upon hundreds of the lockers in the male only zone) at your locker, given a towel and slippers and change (completely) out of your clothes aka towel only.

Next you're directed (with your phone) as you've got to check your phone/valuables as she went to the wet area. With rows of showers on one side and what similar to a Japanese bathhouse in terms of pools and Spas on the other you're asked to take a shower enjoy the space then make your way to the changing area.

Everyone is given an outfit which I describe like a Thai massage out fit asked to change into it and then directed up to the dining and entertainment area, you could find pool tables, children, couples, dining, and hundreds of people etc. etc.

You select your masseuse (all opposite sex) from a computer menu, then you're taken to one of the 800 massage rooms.

After the massage you get to go take a shower enjoy the wet area again if you wish but we all joined back in the lobby after that and departed.

Huge complex and a unique experience, recommend trying as it's something crossed between what had like a casino feel, a Japanese bathhouse and a ginormous Vietnamese massage parlour.

Thanks Shenzhen!

Date of experience: July 2017
9  Thank ScottRobbo66
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

A day at Queen's Spa is an unforgettable experience- and not in the way you might expect. I went with two male friends and we loved it and yet were bemused by it too. In the changing rooms you are ordered through a sequence of changing, locker management, showering and what felt like a mandatory sauna. There is a hot tub and some wooden baths but I was not marshalled this way. You are then given some striped pyjamas!
At this point, I met up with my friends. We ordered aromatherapy massages. You can select your masseuse from photos of coquettish looking ladies. The three of us had different experiences. I had my chest poked at one point and given a thumbs up. Not sure why. One of my friends had a lovely massage. The other had to protect his honour from wandering hands.
We then chilled in the big room with free fruit and drinks for a bit. The chaps had pedicures which were thorough.
Leaving the spa was fine for me - the same process in reverse. My friends were watched as they changed by staff.
It was all a bit weird but definitely memorable. But mainly weird.

Date of experience: June 2017
8  Thank 88kated
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I've visited Queens Spa three times within the past 6 years. Two first times were good average and it was before they increased their min. tips charge for 80 RMB (for body massage). Chinese spa is definitely a unique experience for a foreigner who visits them first time, and I can recommend it. You will be hand over with matching pajamas for your entire visit when you enter the changing rooms. You will get to eat fruit and drinks sodas for free, order food from the menu, watch movies and relax on sofa chairs at the lounge area, where you can also get food massages, pedicure, manicure, headmassage and so forth.

Last time I visited in April 2017, taking the free shuttle bus from the Best Western Luohu (ask your hotel to order one for you). When we entered we were greeted by an English speaking 'manager' who told us that the min. tips are 80 RMB for body massage. I was surprised as it makes up 40% of the massage price. We entered however and found out that the female sauna and steam room area was under renovation. It was noisy and not relaxing this time. We told the same English manager we were not happy about that as they didn't tell us when we entered and he finally let us leave within 30 min without paying the fee. We went to another spa near Luohu border (along the walk bridge on left side when you come from HK), which was a good experience as we really wanted to spend some time in Sauna, and ended up paying less too.

3  Thank 2tiinaj
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Visited Queen Spa and Dining for Easter weekend, it was a much needed break. The facility is like an all inclusive resort. As you enter and greeted, they provide a menu of options, there is an English speaking guide to assist with the language. You change out of your clothes and lock away your items. Greeted with large soaking pool, showers and steam lockers. When done change into pajama like clothes and go to the 3rd floor where a multitude of activities and distractions await. Fruits and drinks, a restaurant, flaces to sit/lay on large couches with TV screens an a large selection of Movies and shows. You can opt for a massage, going swimming and sleeping overnight in quiet rooms. twenty-four hours will cost about $400 HKD or about $50 USD. It is a great option to staying in a hotel. You can come and go as you want, so shopping is an option if massages and eating is not. There is a free shuttle from the train station (Lo Wu) to and from as well.

1  Thank I302SHjamesv
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Headed up from HK for the day over an Easter long weekend to try it out in husband' suggestion. Hindsight 20:20, this was a mistake. This is worthwhile only if you are looking for a place to hang out for the entire day. If you want a good cheap massage and live it HK, don't bother. It's not worth the trip out there. With mandatory minimum tipping, the whole package is more expensive than what i would pay for comparable service in HK.

5  Thank Janet L