Review Highlights
Cheap entry but expensive to do everything inside

Nice huge spa with 108RMB entry price but only for the spa and free fruits. Located in Luohu, the... read more

Reviewed 14 April 2019
m3lvinlim
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
via mobile
Go if you enjoy being harassed

The premises are huge , beautifully appointed and has full facilities. At first glance one seems to... read more

Reviewed 28 March 2019
MCRsgp
singapore

Recommended experiences in and around Shenzhen
from US$ 139.02
from US$ 246.40
from US$ 120.34
from US$ 349.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2012

It's like an amusement. 7 floors! It's like a casino! And you can pick your masseuse by photos on a computer. Okay, they may only bear a vague resemblance to the woman you choose, but whatever. Check out the extremely detailed reviea at therubdown in HK.

Date of experience: March 2012
4  Thank Lane M
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I regularly go to Shenzhen for shopping and sightseeing and relaxation. This is a good different cultural experience that I always take my friends to. It is definitely different from most western spas, from the meet and greet by Chinese Elvis, to how you pick your massage therapist by the computer screen photos. It is very good value and I always recommend that people tip not the lowest one, they directly receive these monies, this is there salary and they deserve to be rewarded for their service. The one tip that I would like to provide for trip advisor readers is where the shuttle bus leaves from in Lo Wu can be difficult to find, it is where the old taxi rank is in Immigration Building on the ground level at the far end, where you see small shopfronts/waiting rooms for other spas. Like many others I thought it was in the basement of Lo Wu Commercial Building Shopping Centre with all the buses but that is not the place to go. Another tip is that they have packages, if you want more treatments than just a massage, but this is only offered once up on the third floor where you select your massage person after you shower and change. Everyone is well trained, I have never had a bad massage there. The last time I went the manager discerned that someone in our group was Italian and send a fluent Italian speaker. I also recommend going during the day and during the week, it get super busy later in the night and also on the weekends.

Date of experience: April 2012
2  Thank Charm_andsome
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Let me start by saying that if you are expecting a relaxing, zen experience, or you are expecting a spa experience like in North America or Europe, you may be disappointed.

This was our first visit to the spa (we are 2 men). A free shuttle service was available, and we got picked up from our hotel and brought directly to the Queen Spa. Upon arrival, we were greeted by several staff members and then brought to the men's changing room with 2 attendants. They helped us undress (which was quite unusual) and placed our belonging into lockers. They gave us towels and told us to undress and then we were sent to the shower room.

We showered, and used the hot tubs and sauna.

After you shower, you are given pajamas to wear around the spa.

When we arrived on the 3rd floor (their main area), we saw dozens of people buzzing around, talking loudly. There were families with children as well. This floor is where they have the individual chairs where you could get manicures, pedicures, and foot massages. They also have a fruit bar, ice cream machines, fountain drink machines, etc. Snooker tables, lounge chairs, etc. Smoking is of course allowed, which is not really spa-like if you ask me, but as the saying goes, "When in Rome".

We each got a foot massage (45 min) for RMB 68. The staff not only expect a generous tip, they look annoyed if you tip too little. The paper slips they make you sign after they finish includes check boxes with tip amounts. if you check the smallest amount, which is 30%, they leave in a hurry and seem upset.

Example: the foot massage is RMB 68. The check boxes were: 20, 40, 60, etc.

We then decided to get 90 min full body massages. We had a hard time communicating in English, but finally found a staff member who spoke perfect English. Her name is Mila and I believe she is of Russian decent. Ask for Mila if you are having a hard time communicating with the staff!

Mila booked our massages and told us to wait in the massage room for our masseuses. She said it would take 15 minutes or so. But 30 minutes later, and still no masseuses. So I went out and asked for Mila. She was able to get 2 masseuses to come to our room right away.

After the massages, we were given the slips again. This time, the tip check boxes were higher:
50, 75, 100, etc.

We gave RMB 50 as a tip (which is 30% of the cost of the massage). This amount of tip would be considered generous in north America, but the masseuses seemed upset as well and left in a hurry.

Although we enjoyed our massages, we felt this place was certainly not relaxing. It may be a Spa, but it is certainly not what you would expect of a Spa. It is more like a day club. Somewhere to spend an afternoon with your friends or family.

We left quite confused about the whole concept. An experience nonetheless but not sure if we would return.

Date of experience: April 2012
11  Thank YYZ_globetrotter82
Reviewed 23 February 2012

It was my second time in 2 years in the place and have to say that the second time you start to notice little details, and some other things can be extremely annoying.

Fun points: the la-z-boys big area, the sleeping pods after massage (late night), the fruit buffet.

Little details: dirt in showers, not a very abundant a la carte menu.

Annoying points: the pushing for tips and need to check every single item in the charge list because they "might" overcharge something or "change the tip amount"

For first time arrivals its a good option because they can be quite impressive, but for recurring visitors better try some other local options.

Date of experience: May 2011
6  Thank Cristina J
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Though this was my third time to Queen Spa I have only been able to enjoy the "spa pools" once! They seem to always be in disrepair. Never seen the 5th floor swimming pool either. It's advertised on their website and there are pictures at the spa itself but there is no fifth floor and when I've asked have been told that it's closed.

The staff are very courteous and the managers very attentive. Overall it's a good value for the money. Beware that you will asked to give tips to the service providers (manicure, massage etc) on top of a 10% service charge.

Date of experience: February 2012