1,769 results
All reviews butler service tallest building guest recognition social restaurant chocolate fountain duplex suite butler team kk mall personal butler entire city floor lobby spg gold member floor to ceiling windows infinity pool perfect stay grand theatre hotel offers
Reviewed 19 May 2018

I had high expectations for this hotel and not just because of the fact that the lobby is on the 96/F (the rooms are below this). Unfortunately after staying here I wondered if this really was a St Regis because it is run like a Chinese imitation of the real thing.

The arrival was extremely positive with someone greeting us at the 1/F and whisking us up to the lobby on the 96/F. Unfortunately things only went downhill from here. The issues with his hotel relate to both the hardware and the software.

Firstly, let's talk about the hardware. The hotel is around 6 years old and like a lot of hotels in China the construction materials used were cheap and have therefore not held up well. There are marks and scruffs everywhere. Compounding this problem is that the things that the hotel can address, such as the carpet, they are not doing. This is one of the few 5* hotels that I have stayed where the carpet is filthy. There are multiple marks and stains from where people have dropped coffee and other things. If the hotel is going to have a beige coloured carpet they need to clean or replace it, otherwise get a dark coloured carpet so people cannot see the stains. Also shortly after I got to my room my iPad controller stopped working and could not be fixed. As a result, I had to call for many of the things I could have ordered through it which was annoying, especially when the English language skill of the operator was not very good.

On the service front, staff are well intentioned but not just well trained. The service at Elba was not what is expected at a fine dining restaurant. The staff kept talking to my wife in Chinese despite her telling them repeatedly she was not Chinese nor did she speak the language, I asked for chilli oil (which I knew they had as it was on one of the menu items) but was told it was not possible and they could only give me tabasco, plates were cleared before one of us finished eating etc. Also the turndown service was one of the least impressive I have come across and at 9pm at night I had to finally call for the turndown having come back from dinner and finding they had not come in. The best person was our butler who was very apologetic for some of the issues we faced.

Lastly, I would recommend to avoid eating the pizza. I had it at Elba and it was something I would have expected in an Italian restaurant in a second-tier city in China. Soggy base and the cheese tasted like it came out of a packet.

Overall, a very disappointing stay and given the views of both the city and HK are not that impressive would advise staying somewhere else. No doubt management will reply with the standard response which seems like a copy and paste.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PublicRelations3651, 公关经理 at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Samuelo,

Thank you for staying with us. We do highly appreciate your constructive feedback, also really sorry that we didn't get the chance to hear from you in person while you stay. Would you please to share with us your contact that we can try our best to make it right for you again.

At the same time, your feedback is address with the team. We will also ensure that appropriate English training is provided to our newly on board associates in order to deliver a better services.

Again, we apologies for not being able to meet your expectations on this occasion. Hope we would be able to welcome you the second time.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

It was amazing experience to visit St.Regis hotel last month! I should say it’s one of the best spot where you can see all Shenzhen from 100 floor and enjoy unique design and atmosphere of hotel! Moreover they have high level service there. Thanks to Tatiana Markushina for interesting introduction of hotel’s facilities and its history.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
PublicRelations3651, 总经理 at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear lev_1802,

Warmest greetings from YOUR St. Regis Shenzhen. Thank you very much for staying with us, and for your very nice review on TripAdvisor as well as your loyalty to the St. Regis brand.

I am most delighted to hear that you had incredible stays at The St. Regis Shenzhen, and especially impressed by the excellent services provided by our St. Regis bulters, who are always uncompromising on presenting the bespoke service.

Again, thank you very much for your stay and your great feedback.
Looking very much forward to welcoming you back, to your home in Shenzhen.

Live Exquisite.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Yes, I know I have written a review of this hotel before but I just had to do it again to show my support my favorite hotel in China. This is one of the few hotels in the world that I have fun with every step of the way, including booking. Yes, even the booking process was fun as I got to personally know Ms. Amy Chen, the head of everything rooms. I let her know that we were coming and that we'd like to personally extend our gratitude for her warm hospitality during our last visit. She told me relax and not worry about anything as she would take care of our needs and more. However, the day before our arrival, we added 2 more people to our bookings, totalling 7 adults, 1 child, and 1 baby. She suggested that we book an extra room to the existing 2 or that we upgrade one to a suite and she'll take care of the other room for us. So awesome! We were so excited but bummed to learn that Amy couldn't greet us personally this time as she'll very ill and had to stay home for recovery. But even with her being sick, she didn't forget about the changes to our itinerary.

Upon entering the room, we were instantly mesmerized by the elegance and the superb design of the duplex suites that I can sense everyone's spirits were instantly lifted even if rain had started to fall and would continue to do so until tomorrow night, possibly putting a dent to our SZ Zoo trip the following day. It was the best looking hotel room I had ever seen in my life, even better than the W Retreat & Spa Maldives and countless other spg properties I've stayed in my life! Butler service was even better, we called for a few extra bottles of water because we were traveling with a baby and I could swear that the bell rung as soon as I hung up. That was some scary fast service! Unfortunately we were too enamored with the room decor and the beauty of the Shenzhen skyline that we forgot to take pictures. Next review I promise!

Last part of my review is the unrivaled breakfast. Best in China. Period. Food remains consistently superb year after year which for those who's lived or frequents China will know that food consistency is near impossible to ask for here in China. There are just too many variables that affects the consistency of a restaurant. This just goes without saying how well this hotel is managed.

Please extend my personal gratitudes to Ms. Amy Chen and the entire front desk staff for making yet another one of our Shenzhen trips memorable! I also want to personally thank the guy who had the patience to explain to me in detail of our bill but unfortunately I forgot his name as he had a very unique name, If possible to find out by date and time of check out then please thank him for me! We stayed at room 7612 & 7627 and checked out at around 4:10pm on 4/29.

Room tip: lychee park view or hong kong view (overrated imo as it's not the urban HK you are thinking of). I prefer park view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear sbfalex,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Shenzhen. Thank you very much for staying with us, and for your very nice review on TripAdvisor as well as your loyalty to the St. Regis brand.

I am most delighted to hear that you had incredible stays at The St. Regis Shenzhen, and especially impressed by the excellent services provided by our St. Regis team, who are always uncompromising on presenting the bespoke service. We will share your kind feedback to our team and appreciate your recognition.

Looking very much forward to welcoming you back, to your best address in Shenzhen.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

My room was on the 85th floor. The front desk staff and butler's services are excellent, they both went out of their way to accommodate my needs. Their excellent service cemented my trust that St.Regis is the hotel that I'd stay in every time I'm in Shenzhen.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mon S,

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

A hotel that completely earned high scores for me, esp in their guest services. The lobby is situated on the 96th floor offering breathtaking views of the city on a clear day.

The thing that impressed me most was the butler waiting for us on our floor upon check in, ushered us to our room, served us tea, explained to us the electronic drapery system.

Overall a first class hotel !

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am most delighted to hear that you had incredible stays at The St. Regis Shenzhen,and especially impressed by the excellent services provided by our St. Regis butlers, who are always uncompromising on presenting the bespoke service.