All reviews a king size bed front desk staff sea world metro station shekou chinese floor
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

There are two Greentree hotels in Shuiwan near the metro station. This one is at the corner of Shuiwan Road.

The room was big enough for two, clean and well air-conditioned. The bathroom was clean and modern. There was no fridge or room safe. The television had 4 Chinese - language channels only. CCTV5 shows European football live.

Room cleaning was discreet and fast.

The location is handy for shops and restaurants around Shuiwan. There's a supermarket across the road. The metro station is less than 100m away. There are bars to the south on Haichang Road and many cafes and restaurants with cheap eats in the neighbourhood.

In summary, this is a good place to stay if you are watching the budget but still need a handy place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hippodribble
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I liked this hotel very much, nice smoke free rooms. Clean and cozy! Close to both metro and walking distance from Sea World were there is many great restaurants and bars!
The only negative thing is that none of the staff members speak any English, and they screwed up my booking, but that got fixed with the help of an helpful bystander that spoke both English and Chinese!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2017

my wife and I passed the hotel and thought we would check out the rooms. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were average size but well decorated and clean. there was a luggage rack, arm chair and work desk available. 2 bottle of complimentary water, kettle etc. Rooms did not have minibar or in-room safe. Reception could only give one key per room and stated that it was for safety reasons. The hotel is right opposite the Metro Stations and close to shops and restaurants. Within walking distance to the Seaworld restaurants. The hotel only has 70 rooms and is spread over 3 floors. Bathroom was clean and no mold. Evening was quiet. Highly recommended for stay. If you join as a gold club member for 190 rmb you get free breakfast in a local restaurant nearby. Most important for me was a safe, convenient and clean hotel at a reasonable price. This is what I got. Pricing was around RMB280 per night.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2016

My friend in Shenzhen booked this hotel for me, so we did not know what we were getting. Since this was our first time to Shenzhen, we decided to stay in the Sea World area.

My husband and I stayed at the hotel 4 nights. The room was clean, and big enough for us. We had a view over some buildings where people lived, so not a beautiful view. But thats how people live in Shenzhen. We had a king size bed, many tv channels and the bathroom was ok. The shower was made of glass, so you had to pull a curtain before taking a shower, if you didn't want the other peoples in the room see you.

The hotel does not have breakfast, but it is restaurants / diners surrounding the hotel. The staff did not speak English, so we had some communication problems when trying to talk with the front desk staff.

The hotel is close to the subway and there is a shopping street right outside of the hotel. The sea world area is just a couple of blocks away. A beautiful area!

As a young woman from Norway, I felt safe in the hotel neighborhood, but I still took some precautions.

Would stay here again, if I ever go back to Shenzhen.

Room tip: Corner room
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The hotel is just next to Shuiwan Metro station. Value for money budget hotel. The front desk personnel are very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and roomy. The minus point is the bathroom as in some rooms there no curtain to block the water going into the floor outside.

Date of stay: July 2016