All reviews continental club cafe marco complimentary mini bar coffee street beautiful lake great hotel the location is perfect bar street restaurants and bars japanese restaurant outdoor pool rooms are nice staff service short stay business hotel business trip club floor
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I recently booked this hotel for me and my mum on her first visit to China. The hotel was great, the room was lovely and clean, free mini bar every day, the staff were great and the pool made our holiday!
The only downside is I spent too much time by the pool and not round the city - got a great tan though! haha
Great!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Marco Polo Hotels
Millie T, General Manager at Marco Polo Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Warm greeting from Marco Polo Xiamen.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share us with your wonderful experience.

We are glad to learn that you and your family had enjoyed the staying with us, and it would be my great pleasure to share your compliments with our team. We highly appreciate your kind support for our hotel. Please rest assured that we would definitely continue our efforts to keep refining our products and services, so as to delight you always.

Thank you once again, and look forward to welcoming you back to Marco Polo Xiamen and explore the loverly Xiamen City in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Great location for visiting the city. Great surounding with restaurant, coffee shop, bar at walking distance. Great lake view from Lake View Room. Nice and clean. Good service. Breakfirst is less than expected though.

Room tip: Book the lake view room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hengshaok
Millie T, General Manager at Marco Polo Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Warm greeting from Marco Polo Xiamen.

Thank your for staying with us and taking the time to share us with your experience.

We are glad to learn that you are satisfied with recent staying with us, and especially the attractive and convenient hotel surroundings. At the meantime, your comment on breakfast has also been well noted. We are sorry if there is any unpleasant experience you've encountered during recent visit. However, we will definitely review the food quality and variety with our culinary team for improvement to meet your satisfaction.

Thank your once again for your kind sharing, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Marco Polo Xiamen in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Only 2 clerks/desks open for check-in and out, slow procedure and through new security system it is not possible to check in on the Continental floor! Surely a Hotel of this size can improve. Also upon asking for my check out bill my internet access was cut off immediately, not very customer friendly.

Room tip: only stayed in 1 room so have no comparison!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Harry895
Millie T, General Manager at Marco Polo Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Warm greeting from Marco Polo Xiamen.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share us with your staying experience.

Your comments on both check in and out procedure and internet access have been well noted and please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasant experience encountered. Since May of this year, the tight control of hotel entrance and security check at the lift area has been strictly required by the Public Security Bureau to enhance the safety for hotels in Xiamen City. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused and highly appreciate your kind understanding and support as hotel is obliged to carry the check for every entry to guest lifts. In future, we would definitely strengthen our staff training, so as to ensure the delivery of satisfied services to you and other guests. Last but not the least, we would also further review the internet access procedure for improvement so as to meet your requirement.

Thank you once again for your kind sharing, as which help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter. Look forward to welcoming you back to Marco Polo Xiamen in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

During my recent short visit to my elderly mother, she expressed desire to see her homeland. Having had a positive experience 20 years ago at this hotel, I booked 2 nights thru their website thinking it would be easier/flexible to cancel or modify reservations if certain conditions would have changed. Our travel itinerary changed and I had to cancel the hotel reservation. Unfortunately, I had problems cancelling my reservations thru their online website - I couldn't figure out how to cancel my reservations. After 45 minutes, I gave up and decided to email the reservations dept. directly - clearly listing all the specific details to my hotel booking and specifically saying that I wanted to cancel my reservation. I got a automated response email that the hotel have received my email and will respond asap. A couple of days later, my credit card was flagged with a suspicious fraudulent activity. Someone from this hotel tried charging my card. Alarmed, I had to call my credit card and since I did not authorize this payment, my credit card had to be replaced. Then I an email from the reservations dept saying that due to my "no-show", I will be charged for the rooms I had booked. Huh? I called up long distance to the hotel to speak with the reservations dept. on this matter and twice, I was told that the authorized person - or even the general manager, I needed to speak with wasn't there. Besides being frustrated with their website (not user friendly for cancelling reservations), I am extremely disappointed with the customer service of Marco Polo Xiamen. So, travelers...BEWARE.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jollyexplorerSeattle

Warm greeting from Marco Polo Xiamen.

Thank you for taking the time to share us with your reservation experience on TripAdvisor.com.

Please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasant experience you’ve encountered. We’ve carefully reviewed the whole procedure of this case with our Reservation department, and the relevant trainings will be conducted afterwards as well to enhance both our communication and handling skills. However, please rest assured that no charge would be occurred or deducted from your account for this cancellation. You can further check and confirm with your credit card bank at your convenient. At the meanwhile, we will also look into the function of hotel website so as to make it more user-friendly.

Thank you once again for your invaluable feedback, as which help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter. Sincerely hope there would be another opportunity to welcome you back to Marco Polo Xiamen in the very near future. Please feel free to contact our Director of Revenue, Maria Huang via mhuang@marcopolohotels.com once confirmed your next schedule and she would be most happy to offer our best rate and assist you for the booking as well.

Sincerely

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We often stay at the Marco Polo Hotel. It is a lovely hotel. With great service. Breakfast is great in the restaurant and also in the club lounge.We find the Club lounge great when we stay, a great place to relax and the drinks and food is very good. The rooms are a great size and are very clean. This is my favourite hotel in Xiamen.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Millie T, General Manager at Marco Polo Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Warm greeting from Marco Polo Xiamen.

Thank you for returning back and taking the time to share us with your wonderful experience.

We are happy to learn that you enjoy the staying with us. We highly appreciate your continuous support for our hotel, and It would be my great pleasure to share your compliments with our team. Please rest assured that we would definitely continue our efforts to keep refining our products and services, so as to delight you always.

Llook forward to welcoming you back to Marco Polo Xiamen in the very near future.