All reviews latin restaurant q bar executive suite separate bath great hotel spacious bathroom breakfast buffet business trip indoor pool nice room modern hotel pleasant stay room rate five star hotel business hotel qba china
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing lunch here. The environment was perfect for catching up with my friends. We enjoyed the food and the service was definitely one of the best in town. Highly recommended if you are looking for somewhere to comfort yourself with delicacies and welcoming people.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I have always stayed in this hotel for my trips to Xiamen. It was once a great hotel with service and customer care. However, because of the post-BRICS meeting effect, the hotel can suddenly turned into a highly guarded prison where body search needs to perform for all guest entering the properties. The reason of the word 'sudden' is being used simply because you won't be told when will this happen and how long is lasted even you asked the front desk. 'Everything has to be kept in Secret' the staff said.

In such circumstances, I have no idea why the hotel is still open up for public booking if the event is so highly confidential. I totally lost my confident with this hotel, and will cut my stay short by checking out tomorrow as no one can tell how long this will turned into a Prison!

Room tip: Make sure you look at the small print of what included, it always changes even on the same room type
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Westin X, Westin Experience Team at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear CPAHX,

Thank you for your loyalty and support to The Westin Xiamen. However it is with great regret to have read and learnt that your recent experience did not meet your expectation, please do accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Security of our guests is of paramount importance in an ever changing world. As such due to the level and prestige of our distinguished guests and as enforced by the local Public Security Bureau, the hotel has had the need to increase the security level including security checks at the entrance when we have the high-level Events such as BRICS and related guests staying on property. It should however be noted that the is not a permanent measure implemented daily, but a temporary action by the local authorities to ensure the safety and security of all the hotel guests.

We do understand that this may cause inconvenience however this practice is conducted in many hotels globally, and in Xiamen this has only been implemented due to the high level meetings in September. As you may have learnt and we would like to mention to support your review, that The Westin Xiamen was the only hotel to host 2 official delegations during the BRICS Xiamen Summit. This definitely demonstrates our ability and trust to provide a safe and secure accommodation accompanied by the high level services demanded by high level events. We do feel deeply sorry for any inconveniences caused during this temporary period, and we do thank you for your understanding and corporation. You are welcomed to send us an email at WestinXiamenExperience@westin.com for any questions or inquires for your future stay.

At Westin it is our aim to make guests leaving feeling better than when they arrived. We look forward to welcoming and serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Overnight business trip so not a lengthy stay. I was upgraded to a suite from the room I booked and on a long business trip, this was greatly appreciated. It was a very comfortable room and while only having breakfast at the hotel, this was a good quality feed. Great quality hotel!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Here for a business trip, reviewing some of our aircraft suppliers. The hotel is conveniently located in the city. The room are good size, and clean. The hotel restaurant was very good with lots of choices for dinners.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Great service orientation and one of the best stay I ever had in SPG starwood hotel chain. Everyone was super helpful and made me felt like home away from home. Specially thanks to
1) Gigi
2) Jeannie
3) Jessie (I hope I got her name correct, she was wearing class at the lounge)

Date of stay: August 2017