All reviewsgerman restaurantgerman beerpaulaner brauhausduring weekendsnice hotelsleep qualitybreakfast buffetthe ground floorrooms are largeswimming poolrain showerclub loungelobbybusinesswellnesstoiletchina
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

The Kempinski hotel in Xiamen is a great hotel to stay. It starts when you come in, people are polite, willing to help you and speak English. The rooms are very spacey and well maintained. The AC works silent and properly. The bathroom is wellness for those who like a rain shower and or a good bath tub. Final the quality of the beds is very good. Besides that, Kempinski offers several restaurants. The Chinese one is very good, but also the buffet restaurant in the Paulaner Brauhaus. The Chef, Kai, is preparing good food, but his team also prepares their own home brewed German beer.
So overall a great place to stay for a business man.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Idwin B

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Kempinski Hotel Xiamen.

It's fantastic to hear you have had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the services & facilities that our hotel has to offer. Many thanks also for your kind compliments for our restaurants and Chef team, I will certainly share your remarks!

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back once again upon your next visit to Xiamen.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I will rate this as the best hotel in Xiamen. When I entered into this hotel, I was warmly greet by their staffs. Check in was fast. The lobby was grand and nice.

The room was really nice as I got a nice view to the lake. The curtain is automatic controlled. The bed was really good. The only setback is there is not blind or curtain to close up the toilet area to the bed. Normally I like to switch on the toilet light when I sleep. But in this case, I have to close all light in the toilet.

The breakfast was really good and it provide international and local selection. I enjoyed the breakfast very much. The great point is there is a kid area so the child to play while the parent can enjoy their breakfast. Good thought on that.

Overall, it is a nice hotel to stay if you come to Xiamen. One area to improve is that the hotel lobby driveway is always full of car. Maybe the hotel can have some sercuity person to direct the traffic flow.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Matthew C,

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen and nice to hear you had a most enjoyable and relaxing stay with us. Thank you for your very kind comments about our friendly and efficient service and hotel facilities you experienced at our hotel. Many thanks also for your advice about our lobby driveway, which we will deal with properly.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Kempinski is the best luxury hotel in Xiamen! The stay reason can be either business or family union time. It has pretty nice service, one of the best location on the island and so much comfortable rooms. Hotel staff is amazingly friendly, especially the front desk and club lounge people. And of course I would like to mention about so much beautiful ladies in red at the hotel entrance. That is the best and the most well-known feature of Kempinski Hotels all around the world!

Stayed: August 2017
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very kind remarks about our beautiful location and friendly service. I was also so thrilled to read that our ladies in red left you a good impression. I will have great delight in passing on your feedback to my colleague.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Luxury hotel in the city center. To get points of interest you need to take a taxi that is cheap. The club has a good selection of food and a very long happy hours. At the end of the happy hours, many meals are missing. The lift works very strangely. I lived on 23 floors and when I went to the club I had to lift them up to the ground floor and then turn 22 floors to the club (a total of 45 floors). The quality of the breakfast is excellent, the rooms are large and the services are good. I recommend buying a club.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen and I truly appreciate your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

May I take this opportunity to apologise for the inconveniences you encountered regarding the movement between floors, which is the local government new regulation that the key access card for the room is only programmed for the room access and is not function for the elevator security access thus restricting any movement between guest room floors.

We sincerely apologize once again for the inconvenience, but trust in your kind understanding that this situation is in compliance with the local government authorities.

Once again I thank you for choosing Kempinski Xiamen during your recent visit and for your valued comments.

With my best personal regards

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Beautiful and newer hotel with good sized rooms and a fantastic German restaurant/nightclub that I highly recommend whether or not you stay at the hotel. I had a minor problem with a clogged shower drain, but likely due to a prior guest. (I don't want to know.) Staff are attentive, professional and bright, but English levels vary. I would be surprised if there is a better option in Xiamen.

Architecture/Rooms/Lobby: 5/5
Staff: 4/5
Breakfast Buffet 4/5
Restaurant 5/5
Location 5/5

Room Tip: I don't think there are bad options for rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Susan X, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
It was our sincere pleasure to have you stay at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen with us and thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed Paulaner Brauhaus which serves German cuisine, Paulaner draught beer and live band.
Meanwhile, May I take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered regarding clogged shower drain, rest assured we shall address this point appropriately.
I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back once again upon your next visit to Xiamen.
Best regards,