“A must see while in Xiamen!!!”
Review of Conrad Xiamen

Conrad Xiamen
Ranked #9 of 1,317 Hotels in Xiamen
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The Conrad experience here at this hotel is a very relaxing and enjoyable one. Located right in the middle of a variety of places to go and see. Once inside the hotel, the check-in, the rooms, and the executive lounge have all proved wonderful. I have completed my 5th stay at the Conrad, and all the stays have been consistent which is very pleasing.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Conrad Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Lawrence,
Thank you for being such a loyal guest. It is always a pleasure having you with us and I know that my team is always delighted to see you. Consistency in luxury guest service is very important to us; hence please do not hesitate to let me know if there is ever anything else my team or I can do for you. Thank you again for always choosing us as your hotel of choice during your busy time in Xiamen.

Kind Regards,
General Manager - Michael Schmitt

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I have been staying here two weeks each month since April and cannot say enough about this fantastic property. First of all the hotel is the most iconic structure in Fujian province, it takes my breath away each day I arrive "home". The 38th floor lobby is sleek, modern and offers incredible views of the sea and Gulangyu island and offers a retreat with a modern bar and fabulous buffet. I spend many nights in the 54th floor executive lounge receiving the VIP treatment from Melody, Minnie and the rest of the wonderful staff along with personal service from Allesandro the Italian chef who cooks some great pasta. The premier seaview room is spacious, modern and sleek and offers outstanding views and upgraded amenities along with the most comfortable bed I have slept in. It's also nice to see the personal touch offered by the General Manager Michael S and his second in command Max who spend time greeting guests and asking for input. To see both of these officers on the hotel floor says a lot about the Conrad team. The Conrad offers in my opinion the best location in Xiamen, easy walking distance to Xiamen University and Nanputuo Temple and a quick ride to the airport. The oceanfront walking paths offer a wonderful respite from the bustling city and the Shapowei district has a great selection of restaurants (both Chinese and western) pubs and sights that are unique to old-town Xiamen. You cannot go wrong choosing the Conrad, without a doubt the best hotel on the island. John F

Room Tip: Premier sea-view rooms with Executive lounge privilege cannot be beat.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Conrad Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear John,
Thank you for our kind comments and needless to say I am delighted to have you stay with us on such a regular basis. You are a true ambassador of the hotel. I never get tired to hear that my team is doing a great job and it makes my job a lot easier. Our Executive Floor lounge is very unique in Xiamen and second to none but it is the personalized service that makes the big difference. Max and I pride ourselves to be around, get to know our guests better and establish relationship that go beyond guest and hotel staff, hence it is always a pleasure meeting guests… And yes, you are right, our location is amazing and so close to the beach, sigh seeing and much more. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, have a great time.

Kind regards,
Michael Schmitt - General Manager

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We had a friend visiting Xiamen and thought we would treat him to afternoon tea at the Conrad With it's superb views out over Xiamen.
It was not exactly afternoon tea as one might get in the U.K., at Betty's Tearoom in Harrogate for instance.
A single cup of tea or coffee! What the hell!!??? The food selection was ok but no sandwiches as such, a sliver of salmon on a piece of stale bread is NOT a sandwich (!) but to be given a single drink in return for MUCH money was nothing short of disgraceful and needs to be addressed.
Betty's is also definitely not cheap but at least one is given a pot of tea or coffee AND a pot of hot water to refresh it.
Conrad, you need to go back to an English school to learn about the meaning of afternoon tea. It is not this Americanized version which has been fostered onto the local Chinese population....
The views are spectacular, the cakes ok, the scones very so-so. The volume of tea or coffee deplorable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear xmroots,
Thank you for your feedback on our afternoon tea, which took me by surprise. We are getting great comments on our heavenly high tea but I do hear your comments and will look into this at once. As a matter of fact, a review of the whole experience started about a week ago and I estimate that we need another 2 weeks to ensure we have the absolute best high tea in town. Your comments about the single cup of coffee / tea are duly noted and part of the review. We do have the perfect setting for such a product and I hope that you will give us another chance to experience it. Please contact me directly on michael.schmitt@conradhotels.com and I will ensure you will be well looked after the next time.

Kind regards,
Michael Schmitt – General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We wanted to do a nice staycation to mark our 18th wedding anniversary in a special way, so we thought, why not at one of Xiamen’s newest 5 star hotels?
It was a great choice! The staff were great, the food was great and the location made for a fun evening and afternoon stroll around the area. Not to mention the amazing views of Gulangyu, a recently named World Heritage site.
We’d highly recommend the Conrad for any time you may spend in beautiful Xiamen.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Conrad Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Firstly, I wish you both all the very best from Conrad Xiamen and I am delighted to hear that you had a great time. Through panoramic, floor-to-ceiling windows, Conrad Xiamen overlooks the stunning sea as well as the amazing Gulangyu Island, Nanputuo Temple and Xiamen University, providing an inspiring journey. Whether this is for a longer period or just for 1-2 days, there is a lot to explore here. I am also very appreciative for your feedback about our guest service and I will certainly pass this on to the team. They have a true passion for hospitality and looking after our guests, which makes my job a lot easier. Once again, all the very best to you both and I hope to see you soon again at Conrad Xiamen.

Kindest regards,
Michael Schmitt

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for business for 4 nights. Each day was better than the last. The staff were outstanding including the General Manager, lounge staff, housekeeping, registration, etc. They were all most helpful, courteous, and eager to please. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I plan to stay there each time to am in Xiamen. Thanks, Michael Schmitt, you're doing a great job!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jhdaniels2017
Michael S, General Manager at Conrad Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear John,
It was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you. It is always great to hear that frequent travelers such as yourself are enjoying our hospitality and having an inspired stay. Personally, talking with guests and my team are always the highlights of the day. I very much appreciate your kind comments and hope to see you soon again. Until we meet again, my team and I wish you safe travels and inspired journeys.
Kindest regards,