All reviewsdiamond membernespresso coffee machinethe executive loungeamazing hotelburger kinghilton honorsjapanese toiletgreat view of the seathe hotel sitsshopping mallwalk in closetnice buffetfloor roomnice citytop levelthe entire staffconcierge team
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I have been staying here two weeks each month since April and cannot say enough about this fantastic property. First of all the hotel is the most iconic structure in Fujian province, it takes my breath away each day I arrive "home". The 38th floor lobby is sleek, modern and offers incredible views of the sea and Gulangyu island and offers a retreat with a modern bar and fabulous buffet. I spend many nights in the 54th floor executive lounge receiving the VIP treatment from Melody, Minnie and the rest of the wonderful staff along with personal service from Allesandro the Italian chef who cooks some great pasta. The premier seaview room is spacious, modern and sleek and offers outstanding views and upgraded amenities along with the most comfortable bed I have slept in. It's also nice to see the personal touch offered by the General Manager Michael S and his second in command Max who spend time greeting guests and asking for input. To see both of these officers on the hotel floor says a lot about the Conrad team. The Conrad offers in my opinion the best location in Xiamen, easy walking distance to Xiamen University and Nanputuo Temple and a quick ride to the airport. The oceanfront walking paths offer a wonderful respite from the bustling city and the Shapowei district has a great selection of restaurants (both Chinese and western) pubs and sights that are unique to old-town Xiamen. You cannot go wrong choosing the Conrad, without a doubt the best hotel on the island. John F

Room Tip: Premier sea-view rooms with Executive lounge privilege cannot be beat.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Conrad Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear John,
Thank you for our kind comments and needless to say I am delighted to have you stay with us on such a regular basis. You are a true ambassador of the hotel. I never get tired to hear that my team is doing a great job and it makes my job a lot easier. Our Executive Floor lounge is very unique in Xiamen and second to none but it is the personalized service that makes the big difference. Max and I pride ourselves to be around, get to know our guests better and establish relationship that go beyond guest and hotel staff, hence it is always a pleasure meeting guests… And yes, you are right, our location is amazing and so close to the beach, sigh seeing and much more. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, have a great time.

Kind regards,
Michael Schmitt - General Manager

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We had a friend visiting Xiamen and thought we would treat him to afternoon tea at the Conrad With it's superb views out over Xiamen.
It was not exactly afternoon tea as one might get in the U.K., at Betty's Tearoom in Harrogate for instance.
A single cup of tea or coffee! What the hell!!??? The food selection was ok but no sandwiches as such, a sliver of salmon on a piece of stale bread is NOT a sandwich (!) but to be given a single drink in return for MUCH money was nothing short of disgraceful and needs to be addressed.
Betty's is also definitely not cheap but at least one is given a pot of tea or coffee AND a pot of hot water to refresh it.
Conrad, you need to go back to an English school to learn about the meaning of afternoon tea. It is not this Americanized version which has been fostered onto the local Chinese population....
The views are spectacular, the cakes ok, the scones very so-so. The volume of tea or coffee deplorable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xmroots

Dear xmroots,
Thank you for your feedback on our afternoon tea, which took me by surprise. We are getting great comments on our heavenly high tea but I do hear your comments and will look into this at once. As a matter of fact, a review of the whole experience started about a week ago and I estimate that we need another 2 weeks to ensure we have the absolute best high tea in town. Your comments about the single cup of coffee / tea are duly noted and part of the review. We do have the perfect setting for such a product and I hope that you will give us another chance to experience it. Please contact me directly on michael.schmitt@conradhotels.com and I will ensure you will be well looked after the next time.

Kind regards,
Michael Schmitt – General Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We wanted to do a nice staycation to mark our 18th wedding anniversary in a special way, so we thought, why not at one of Xiamen’s newest 5 star hotels?
It was a great choice! The staff were great, the food was great and the location made for a fun evening and afternoon stroll around the area. Not to mention the amazing views of Gulangyu, a recently named World Heritage site.
We’d highly recommend the Conrad for any time you may spend in beautiful Xiamen.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Conrad Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Firstly, I wish you both all the very best from Conrad Xiamen and I am delighted to hear that you had a great time. Through panoramic, floor-to-ceiling windows, Conrad Xiamen overlooks the stunning sea as well as the amazing Gulangyu Island, Nanputuo Temple and Xiamen University, providing an inspiring journey. Whether this is for a longer period or just for 1-2 days, there is a lot to explore here. I am also very appreciative for your feedback about our guest service and I will certainly pass this on to the team. They have a true passion for hospitality and looking after our guests, which makes my job a lot easier. Once again, all the very best to you both and I hope to see you soon again at Conrad Xiamen.

Michael Schmitt

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for business for 4 nights. Each day was better than the last. The staff were outstanding including the General Manager, lounge staff, housekeeping, registration, etc. They were all most helpful, courteous, and eager to please. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I plan to stay there each time to am in Xiamen. Thanks, Michael Schmitt, you're doing a great job!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jhdaniels2017
Michael S, General Manager at Conrad Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear John,
It was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you. It is always great to hear that frequent travelers such as yourself are enjoying our hospitality and having an inspired stay. Personally, talking with guests and my team are always the highlights of the day. I very much appreciate your kind comments and hope to see you soon again. Until we meet again, my team and I wish you safe travels and inspired journeys.
Michael Schmitt - General Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I must say "CONRAD" has once again lived up to the expectations that I expect from the Conrad brand. The Executive Lounge at the 54th floor offers amazing views, comforts and services that any business traveler would find as top shelf quality . I especially was thankful to Minie and Vera as they were amazing host during the time I was enjoying the comforts of the Executive Lounge, which was often due to my hectic work schedule. On many occasion during my 4 day stay I utilized the amenities offered at the Executive Lounge from the very impressive conference room that I booked for an hour and of course the balance of the space with views of Xiamen at every table with top notch food and drink offerings courtesy of the Executive Lounge privileges. During my stay I also enjoyed a 100 min. Hot Rock Massage at the hotels Spa. From the time you exit the elevator at the 37th floor where the Spa is located and are greeted by the spas incredible ambiance and all it's derivatives of tranquillity to the time you begrudgingly need to depart you feel as though you have experienced a true time of uninterrupted healing and solitude. My therapist Coco was very professional and performed my requested treatment with such harmony that I could not believe the 100 min. had expired so quickly. The location of the hotel offers you lots of shopping within a very close proximity and access to the pedestrian bridge walk that spans a distance along the beach that warrants the effort at night to then look back and see the beautiful towering Conrad glowing in the distance. My last mornings breakfast I was greeted by Mr. Michael Schmitt General Manager of the property to express his gratitude for my stay at the hotel and if I were to have any questions or comments I was to feel free to contact him directly. My experience at the Conrad Xiamen will keep me coming back, not only for the brand itself but specifically this property.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Conrad Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Namaste2u626,
Thank you very much for your kind comments, which I will most certainly share with the team. While – without doubt, we have amazing facilities and an unbeatable location, it is the service of the team that makes a luxury hotel. Thank you for your time in mentioning some team members’ names and I will ensure that they are being recognized for their service. Our Conrad Spa is managed by ourselves and we have some great massages available as well as an unique face skin revitalization machine. Please do let us know when your travel plans bring you back to Xiamen and we would be delighted to look after you again. Until we meet again, my team and I wish you all the very best.

Michael Schmitt