“First 2 times 5 stars, 3rd time 1 star!”

La Guanaca Pizzeria
Ranked #16 of 110 Restaurants in Puerto Natales
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Twenty different kinds of thin crust pizzas, cooked to perfection by our pizzaiolo in the most amazing wood fired oven in Patagonia.Delicious Crepes, prepare with local farm products, Baked “au gratin” in our wood burning oven.Fresh salads and soups. All natural and organic.Fresh pasta, desserts, local beers an more...
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We went to this restaurant 3 times. The first 2 times it was excellent, delicious food and service was good and friendly, would definitely recommend it to anyone in Puerto Natales. Which is why we decided to go a 3rd time, sadly this is an example of how one untrained employee can make for a completely different dining experience. We ordered 2 appetizers, 2 mains and 2 drinks. The waiter reconfirmed with both my husband and me my husband's order on different opportunities but never reconfirmed my order and of course this lead to 2 mistakes out of 3 ordered items. We received a sparkling water, bottle was open and without a cap, BUT we ordered flat water so they changed it for us. Then the wrong appetizer came and the waiter insisted that I ordered that (ingredient which I do NOT eat so clearly wrong). The other waitress was very efficient and changed the item as well and took over the service to our table. They quickly fixed both mistakes but unfortunately the whole experience was lacking. I recommend that waiters in training write down the orders or reconfirm the full order back to the customers, otherwise you will risk another person coming to your restaurant only one time and giving you a terrible review based on that experience. In our case, I've rounded up to 4 stars the average of our 3 visits to your restaurant but we will not be coming back a 4th time since there are plenty of alternative choices in the town.

1  Thank itiabernal

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We had the Spicy Sausage and Egg pizza, and the Braised Beef Fettuccine. Both were remarkable! Generous portions of ingredients on the pizza, unlike other places that throw in only a few slices of sausage.

Portion was quite large, which made us feel like we didn’t deserve it because we had it for lunch before our day trek, rather than after!

All in I would love to come back again to have the pizzas here!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Was in Argentina for three weeks and being veggie, pizza was an easy choice. This was the best that I had!

1  Thank DDVJ
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

These dishes are excellent! We had one more pizza, but this was too much for two.
Either go for the starter and one pizza, or for 2 pizzas without starter for 2.
The atmosphere is cosy and lively, it can get a little noisy but we still liked it.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

This was dinner for us the day we finished the W trek. The pizzas are ABSOLUTELY divine and totally hit the spot after such a hard few days!