“DON'T GO TO THIS RESTAURANT/ NO VAYA A ESTE RESTAURANTE”

La Ultima Esperanza
Ranked #31 of 113 Restaurants in Puerto Natales
Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

The first photo plus an Austral Calafate beer equals 23.200, that's 35USD and the waitress who never offered suggestions and couldn't wait for me to order had the nerve to assume I'd pay her 10% tip. If I didn't check the amount she put on the machine, I wouldn't know. She didn't ask and assumed I appreciated her can't be bothered attitude. Plus the avocado was written as an "avocado salad" or "ensalada de palta" and what arrived was literally a sliced HALF avocado..and I paid 3 avocados for that! What a horrible experience, and I left as hungry as I came but 35 bucks poorer. Overrated place.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We really enjoyed eating here. The food was delicious and the service was great. I highly recommend eating here if you are in this city.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

This place looks unpromising from the outside but don't be put off. It is full of locals enjoying the really excellent seafood.

Between four of us we tried nearly all the seafood starters and all were really delicious and well presented.
The king crab is a bit pricey ( it is everywhere) but is wonderful.

There is an extensive wine list which is not overpriced.
A great meal and good value if not cheap.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

After eating meat as we travelled through Argentina my wife and I were really looking forward to a seafood dish. This restaurant was recommended by our guide in Puerto Arenas. In addition it was my wife's birthday - what a good choice. We went with some friends from the hotel and had a delicious two course meal with two bottles of lovely Chilean wine. We had scallops in chilli and garlic as a starter followed King Crab - they were delicious.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

On our way to Lago Grey we had a quick lunch here on the second Christmas day. The place was filled with locals - which is a very reassuring sign to me. We had excellent sea food (cf. photos) accompanied by half a bottle of crisp sauvignon plan.
Excellent value for money, fast and efficient service.